Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need internet

Default Need internet

Need internet at our new house. Have spectrum at our old house and it's good but they want $8,500 to trench it to our new house. They cover first $3,000 so I would be $5,500 out of pocket. Not really wanting to spend that type of money right now and also their customer service is doo doo.

Contacted direct tv for bundle with att. Direct guy came out and got the tv side going yesterday but the att rep said I wouldn't want their satelite internet because there is a 50g data cap.

Any other ideas?
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Pm Fowlmouth30 they went through this with his place. Ended up puting the internet under his business name i belive and Spectrum covered 100%. Seems like he just had to provide them with a picture of his equipment with a business sign infront of his shop.

Check with Hughes net and see what they offer.

My last day with Spectrum was Friday but I can still speak knowledgeably on this. Visor guy, I know you run a business, but do you have an office? Does it have Spectrum? If not, you could put Spectrum Business service at the office and a business internet at the house (what they call a SOHO, small office/ home office) and they'd cover another $5000 for throwing in the office location. $5000 for the office plus the $3000 they'd cover for the house and that covers $8000. Sounds like you'd still have to come out of pocket for a few hundred, but it's better than a few thousand.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by padl8697 View Post
    Check with Hughes net and see what they offer.
    Hughes net is what att offers as satelite internet. It has 50g data cap, which apparently sucks.

Yes Willy I do have an office. Spectrum is there
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

By "Spectrum is there" you mean Spectrum is available there, but you do not have them? Or you already have an active Spectrum account at the office?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Need internet at our new house. Have spectrum at our old house and it's good but they want $8,500 to trench it to our new house. They cover first $3,000 so I would be $5,500 out of pocket. Not really wanting to spend that type of money right now and also their customer service is doo doo.

Contacted direct tv for bundle with att. Direct guy came out and got the tv side going yesterday but the att rep said I wouldn't want their satelite internet because there is a 50g data cap.

Any other ideas?
    Yea... They quoted me $43,000 to run it to my house.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

How's the cell service? Look into Enet Safari, a buddy that had no options except that or Hughes net, raves about it. You buy the equipment, and its $70 or so per month. High speed unlimited service.

Hughes net is garbage. I have Viasat at my house south of bamberg. Nothing to write home about but imo it is the best of the two and unlimited. Not cheap though I think gold is 100 gigs and then they prioritize data.

I’d find a way to get a direct hook up
    Last edited by hunterjw; 10-18-2020 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobetter View Post
    Yea... They quoted me $43,000 to run it to my house.
    That's what you get for buying a piece of property on the edge of nowhere!

Speaking of which, y'all close on the place yet? If so, what did you end up doing for internet out there?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You’ll be dissatisfied with any internet option that isn’t a direct line to your house. Satellite internet is terrible unless you just plan to surf the web casually with no streaming

I had been trying to get internet at my place for a few years and every time I called the price to install went up(5k,6k, finally 8k). The service was on a pole that runs across my front pasture so I was told 100ft of overhead and 1250ft of underground to establish service. Finally an engineer said if I’d go the commercial account route, they would cover up to 8k or the cost of construction. They didn’t want a copy of my business license or tax returns, sales rep told me to put all my equipment in front of the shop and take a picture of it with a sign in the background. Sent the sales rep what she asked for and a week later two messicans showed up with a directional drill and a mini ex and knocked it out in a day. Took a few days to get the residential installed to come run the cable from the pedestal to the house but i can’t complain. Good luck.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian" - Henry Ford

For the love of all things...do not get hughes net.

If what Willyworm says doesn't work out and you have cell service at the place, look at netbuddy.com

A lot of these cell based internet options are the real deal...unlimited data and fast enough to stream several movies at a time.

https://safarisolutionsllc.com/

My cousin has this and he says it is awesome... unlimited data $450 up front and 89 per month... as long as you have att service it will work.

My in-laws just had a similar situation. The original price they got from spectrum to run a line was around $5k. My father in law was renting a trencher to run water to the house. Once he told spectrum that he would do the trenching they dropped the price to $1000. Might be another option you could look into.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    That's what you get for buying a piece of property on the edge of nowhere!

Speaking of which, y'all close on the place yet? If so, what did you end up doing for internet out there?
    Yep, we closed on the 1st. We haven't moved in yet, but we're between Viasat and the ATT hotspot thingee for internet.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Good luck on the move in. Hate that the spectrum thing didn't work out. I'm gonna come flying with at some point, promise.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Your house is a metal building. It’s flat beautiful but I’d imagine the cell service inside isn’t that great. I have a few friends that live in BC and their service is hit or miss. I’d find a way to run spectrum. Their CS is awful but they have the best product IMO. I’ve tried every internet service in the Charlotte metro and spectrum is the only one worth paying for.

You gonna get fiber optic close to you anytime soon wait it out, 5G right off the bat. After running the whole house off a 2015 GMC TRUCK for a year or better wait it out if you gonna get it
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Who's the provider building said fiber out there Doc?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]