Thread: Benelli super sport story

Default Benelli super sport story

I've been shooting sporting clays with a Stevens sxs made by Baikal for a few years. About 5 months ago, my pastor introduced me to the skeet game. We shoot weekly as a way to keep my mind off the cancer fight I'm in currently. So my wife who lives in Manning while I continue to work and get my cancer treatment up here in Chantilly, Va. decided all by herself I needed a new shotgun to shoot skeet. She has bought me a shotgun and rifle before when we lived in North Dakota. Unbeknownst to me, my wife decided the new shotgun to purchase for me would be a Benelli super sport. Needless to say when my daughter transported the shotgun up here for my wife, I was shocked and surprised. Well putting that gun in my hands is like giving a 16 year old boy a brand new corvette; the tool is better than the skills of the operator. Yesterday, the pastor and I were shooting skeet at Isaac Walton with a couple gentlemen who we didn't know. One of the guys was shooting a Krieghoff K80, and he proceeded to go 25/25 in the first round, needless to say I did not shoot well. On the second round at station 3, one of the K-80 gentlemen asked I minded if he shot my Benelli, I handed the shotgun and let him fire away. Well that started a storm, the other 4 gentlemen with in the group asked if they could shoot a station with the Benelli, and I obliged. After we finished both rounds, the gentlemen shooting the Krieghoff walked up and asked if could hold the shotgun again before I cleaned and broke it down. I was no hurry so I said sure. Well, after he held it, he took a picture of the gun which piqued my interest. I asked him why he was taking the picture to which he replied with well I am going to purchase one for myself. My country self couldnt hold my tongue, and I blurted out, you're shooting a 10K shotgun why do you want a Benelli. His answer shocked me. You can never have enough fine shooting shotguns.

Prayers for God's healing hands.

Enjoy your gun, I enjoy the 20gaM2.

Great story. Guess I’ll pull my almost new M1 out of the safe soon.

Best wishes to you beating that nasty curse.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Best of luck with your treatments.
    My oldest has a Super Sort and it is a fine shooting shotgun. Congrats.

Prayers sent! Enjoy your new gun. I have the Córdoba and like it a lot other than being ported. Best wish beating cancer.

Glad you and your shooting partners enjoyed the gun. I presume you thanked your lovely bride. Prayers for beating cancer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I do admire a Benelli , you have my prayers for success in your fight as well sir.
    Genesis 9;2