Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a Traeger and regrets?

Default Anyone have a Traeger and regrets?

Left my smoker in South Carolina with my son when we moved back out here to California. On the hunt for a new one and looking hard at the Traeger Pro 780 right now. I can get it tax free for $699 which seems to be a hell of a deal on it. Read plenty of good about it and lots of positive video reviews. Anyone have a Traeger and regret the purchase? If so, why?

Already have a Weber Genesis so I don’t “need” the grilling feature but it would be nice for hauling it with us for trips in the fifth wheel when we can only take one thing and will be able to grill and smoke.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Great deal, I'd say buy it. Love mine. RecTecs are probably the best of the pellet grills, but Traegers are solid. It's like boats, you still need a BGE and the Weber you've got, and charcoal and something else to fit "every application".

It is not a grill and will not grill. I use a webber little smokey or my gesser to grill. I like it. Stupid easy.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

I had one, a liquor wholesaler gave me one. It made me feel like a virgin when I plugged it up. I got rid of it pretty quickly, basically because it was only decent at one thing.

I have no regrets with mine. So easy to use...

Quote Originally Posted by PharmHunter View Post
    Great deal, I'd say buy it. Love mine. RecTecs are probably the best of the pellet grills, but Traegers are solid. It's like boats, you still need a BGE and the Weber you've got, and charcoal and something else to fit "every application".
    Oh, don’t worry, the Blackstone griddle is on the way as well. I may be living in a fifth wheel but my outdoor cooking area will be well appointed!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

I have a traeger but if I was buying a new one it would be the camp chef woodwind SG - with sear box. Thats the ticket.

Cue all the fag and woman Jokes from the peanut gallery......

I’d buy it and wouldn’t look back. Love my lil GMG Davie Crockett. Bought it for travel smoking and small smoking at the house. Perfect for cooking for just a few people and I don’t want to fire up the big smoker.

Think of it as a smoker and pellet/wood fired convection oven.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Yep and nope
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Got a traeger. No regrats. Not even a letter. Think you can save a decent amount of money buying a new previous year model off their website

I second the camp chef. I work mine like a part time job. About 10-30 hours a week while im hitting on the chick in the kitchen doing her thing.

I have cooked on a pellet grill once in my life. It was on a Traeger in July. The issues I had were that it was so hot in the sun that it could not regulate the temp at 225. I also didn’t like that the temp adjustments on the low end were so wide. It was 185/225/250. I know some higher end pellet grills have more fine adjustments
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

I have a Camp Chef and it’s awesome.

Gmg Davey Crockett. It will go 500 and grill and smoke like a mofo. Traeger like an oven to me
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I know it's blasphemy but I smoked a butt this past weekend on a gas grill and smoker box... But hey it was what I had at the time and it turned out great.

Its the air fryer of grills. You do the math.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    Its the air fryer of grills. You do the math.
    Talk to 'em, homie.

You can cook a butt or anything else on a pellet grill and feed it to some of these "manly" men that think you have to have a bge, and they won't be able to tell the difference. Pellet grills are the bomb! As long as it's a Rec Tec.

I prefer my camp chef over my dads traeger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk