Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you had to choose a scope

Default If you had to choose a scope

I am looking for a lower end scope for a .223 that I only occasionally use for plinking at the range, occasional day stalking hogs and mainly morning/evening stand hunts. I know what I am getting into based on my price point, but between these brands is there one that you would choose over another? They are all 3-9x40 so the real question is one brand better known for their entry level scopes having better glass than another? I am sure I wont be able to tell any real difference between these unless I was in the woods with them next to each other so it feels like more of a gut choice than anything.
    The scopes I was looking at were the Bushnell Banner II, Bushnell Legend, Burris Drop tine or Vortex Crossfire II.

Spend another couple hundred and get a Meopro and be done with it.

For a 200yd gun, they cannot be beat.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Got a new Cabela’s instinct 4-12x50 ... made by meopta

I’d cut you a deal on
    Last edited by jwterry3; 10-14-2020 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwterry3 View Post

I’d cut you a deal on
    Damn good scope- meopro with cabelas sticker- is that a 1" tube?
    Last edited by Bad Habit; 10-14-2020 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwterry3 View Post

I’d cut you a deal on
    send me a pic and a price. I am thinking its more than I want to spend for this gun but let me know what your thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They sell for 500-525 on eBay

I’d let mine go for $400 tyd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks, if it was for the deer rifle i'd probably take it. But I cant justify that for this plinker. thank you though

Check out the closeouts at Eurooptic. You might see something you like better. They have some Nikon and Vortex closeouts.

https://www.eurooptic.com/

Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Maybe look at Primary Arms scopes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by billyjack View Post
    Check out the closeouts at Eurooptic. You might see something you like better. They have some Nikon and Vortex closeouts.

https://www.eurooptic.com/
    good recommendation. never heard of that site before. I like what i'm seeing !

Leupold vx3

Is Sightmark a decent brand ? I see some Nikon and Vortex in there, but this brand came up too.

A buddy of mine has one of their night vision optics. But I personally don’t know how good they are.

Take everything in that price point, throw it in a barrel, put on a blindfold, reach in and pick one. 90% of the glass is the same spec, same vendor with very similar erector, mechanics and performance level. The only thing that differs is the tube and housing.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Leupold vx3
    This.

how is the Nikon Prostaff P3 ? Any better than the Vortex or Bushnell's at that price point ?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Take everything in that price point, throw it in a barrel, put on a blindfold, reach in and pick one. 90% of the glass is the same spec, same vendor with very similar erector, mechanics and performance level. The only thing that differs is the tube and housing.
    That's kind of where i was at. I doubt there is any big difference I would notice.

Quote Originally Posted by duckz View Post
    how is the Nikon Prostaff P3 ? Any better than the Vortex or Bushnell's at that price point ?
    All Nikon optics are close outs. Nikon no longer makes riflescopes and from my understanding the warranty they’ve had will be going away in a few years. Not that it matters on a throwaway optic.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013