Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 43x

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 43x

Who’s got one? Currently have a 19 and really like it, but looking for a slimmer carry gun with still “decent” capacity. Saw where Shield arms makes 15 rd mags for the 43x that fit flush as the standard glock mags.

Not necessarily set on Glock, but prefer function over fancy. Other 9mm I should look at?
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

I bought one a few months ago and enjoy it. Definitely easier to carry than a 19. The S15 mags make it just as good. I want to do a trigger polish on it one day as mine is a bit heavy to my liking.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

You are over thinking this. Slim isn’t going to get you much. You are not a chubby guy so the 19 shouldn’t be an issue. Move it round some, 3 o’clock vs 5 o’clock. Even try AIWB carry. I’ve moved primarily to that.
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    You are over thinking this. Slim isn’t going to get you much. You are not a chubby guy so the 19 shouldn’t be an issue. Move it round some, 3 o’clock vs 5 o’clock. Even try AIWB carry. I’ve moved primarily to that.
    Not opposed to that, currently carry 4-5 o’clock alien gear IWB. What other holsters should I try?

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Try CYA holsters. Veteran owed as well. As far as the pistol options, I have the regular 43 that is my go to. The problem with the 43 is only 6 round mag capacity. I also bought the XD Hellcat which is basically the exact size as the 43, but it holds 13-15 rounds. Can’t remember exactly. I just carry the 43 most of the time just because that’s what I choose.

T-Rex with a side car. I have one you can borrow.
    Or it's gonna be getting cooler soon. Move it outside the waist band. Easy to hide with a vest or pull over.

Honestly speaking of cooler weather, I like to go all Don Johnson with a shoulder holster.

T-Rex with a side car. I have one you can borrow.
    Or it's gonna be getting cooler soon. Move it outside the waist band. Easy to hide with a vest or pull over.

Honestly speaking of cooler weather, I like to go all Don Johnson with a shoulder holster.
    Might take you up on trying out the T-Rex. Been bouncing around how to carry spare mag as well, just been putting in my pocket but feel like it prints a good bit.

Really want something that is easy on and off if I have to go somewhere it is “not allowed”.

Would like to get an OWB option as well, like you said for using with a vest or pullover/jacket.

Still would like to get another pistol though to have an option for the wife to at least carry in her ride with the way things are going these days.
    Last edited by cusportsman; 10-13-2020 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cusportsman View Post
    Might take you up on trying out the T-Rex. Been bouncing around how to carry spare mag as well, just been putting in my pocket but feel like it prints a good bit.

Really want something that is easy on and off if I have to go somewhere it is “not allowed”.

Would like to get an OWB option as well, like you said for using with a vest or pullover/jacket.

Still would like to get another pistol though to have an option for the wife to at least carry in her ride with the way things are going these days.
    Take her to the store and see A) what feels good to her and B) what she can comfortably rack.
    Last weekend I shot an M&P 2.0 EZ, a glock 43, hellcat, and sig p365.
    I carry an original M&P IWB and I like the pistol as a whole and have no issues with it. BUT my wife says (and it appears) that she struggles racking the S&W. She says a Glock 17 is easier for her to rack but is not concealable. The EZ is definitely easier to rack but she hasnt tried one.

After shooting multiple sig P365s last weekend I am definitely interested in one to potentially replace S&W mostly for more mag capacity and may take a look at the ones they are selling with the romeo MRDS. Motion activated red dot and I think 20,000hr battery life. I would like to mess around with one and see if simply carrying it IWB would have it activated all the time or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A family member of mine went from a 19 to a 43x because of the slimmer grip. With the shield arms mags you’re at the same capacity but with more control, so to soeak.
    Last edited by wskinner; 10-13-2020 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    A family member of mine went from a 19 to a 43x because of the slimmer grip. With the shield arms mags you’re at the same capacity but with more control, so to soeak.
    How do you have more control?

How do you have more control?
    With a slimmer grip, how do you not?

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    With a slimmer grip, how do you not?
    It either fits in your or it doesn't. And we are only taking 9mm. Not like you trying to wrap your beaters around a K frame shooing .500 S&W.

OWB check out the 1441 Curve. I think Fowlmouth30 has one for his 19, maybe he will chime in.

Sig 365xl

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    Sig 365xl
    Bingo. I repeat, better sights ( tritium Night sights) , way better trigger than a Glock ( even after a Glock is "polished" )

Sig is the way to go.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I have the 43x, I like it.

For own, check out the versacarry. That’s my go to cool weather holster. Spare mag holder as well, and pretty comfortable around the 4 o’clock spot

"Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Quote Originally Posted by billbuster84 View Post
    For own, check out the versacarry. That’s my go to cool weather holster. Spare mag holder as well, and pretty comfortable around the 4 o’clock spot

Ditto on the Versacarry holsters and belts. They also have nice single and double OWB mag carriers. Worth checking out if you like leather goods that will take a beating.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

My current rotation is is a P365 95% of the time and a G19 when I don't mind the added discomfort. I love both, I'm just not wild about switching back and forth with the different grip angles. It's really nit picky, but I'll get used to the presentation on one and get hung up adjusting on the other. I've tossed around the idea of having the frame modified on the Glock.

Also want to try out the 320 X Compact. And the 43X. And the P365 XL.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Default 43x

Quote Originally Posted by Lowcountry Boy View Post
    My current rotation is is a P365 95% of the time and a G19 when I don't mind the added discomfort. I love both, I'm just not wild about switching back and forth with the different grip angles. It's really nit picky, but I'll get used to the presentation on one and get hung up adjusting on the other. I've tossed around the idea of having the frame modified on the Glock.

Also want to try out the 320 X Compact. And the 43X. And the P365 XL.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    I have a 320X Compact. Pretty great pistol. It is starting to impress me.

I'm usually a 1911 EDC guy. The 365s are shooters. My G19 is in the safe and my daughter's G43 is about to be traded for a P365. For us, the Sigs are the best choice in that size pistol.
    Last edited by nitro5x6's; 10-15-2020 at 04:36 PM.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.