Thread: Remington 700 Trigger Recall

Default Remington 700 Trigger Recall

I recently acquired a brand new in the box Model 700SPS in 270 back around July. I was putting a scope base on it a few weeks ago and just started running the bolt in/out a few times when I heard the trigger snap! It took me a minute to figure out what had happened because I was cycling the bolt repeatedly and fast. I was thinking to myself, did I hit the trigger by accident? Not hardly just because of the way I was holding the gun. I tried to make it happen again, but it would not. Then it dawned on me about the trigger recall and sure enough the serial numbers matched the timeline of affected rifles. I created a repair ticket on 9-4(not thinking about the transition of the company), they sent a shipping box and emailed a link to activate a UPS link to where they bring a shipping label to my house and take the gun with them to send back. Life happens, I get busy and push the box to the side and forget about it until this past Monday. I follow the steps to reopen the ticket since they close 30 days after origin and get email confirmation for the reinstate and they confirm the label is on its way. Yesterday I missed the UPS guy so he'll try again probably today, but when checking my email last night, Remington says not to ship it due to the business issues and they will contact me when they are ready to take on new tickets. Now I'm thinking there ain't no telling when I'll get this done.....

My question, Although the site says not to attempt this repair outside of Remington, has anyone ever had a gun smith follow up on this repair? Will they even attempt it due to the nature of the recall? I’m not in a bind for a gun but sure would love to be using it since my boys are using my “go to” rifles. I’m just using whatever gun fits the bill as I get ready to go to the stand. To me, it’s like not getting to scrape the left-over cake batter out of the bowl before mom just sits it in the dish water! What say ya'll ??????
    GENESIS 1 : 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Just drop an aftermarket trigger in it

Not sure about the recall on your model. If it’s the trigger itself or what. I have a 700 sendero I bought for my graduation gift in 97. 10+ years ago the safety spring failed and would fire intermittently when taken off safety. That was a simple fix and no issues since.
    Would think gunsmith could fix your issue even if it’s an aftermarket trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Rem 700 had the same recall.
    Dropped in this Timney.
    https://timneytriggers.com/elite-hunter-remington-700/
    Highly Reccomend.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobieMcDoobie View Post
    My Rem 700 had the same recall.
    Dropped in this Timney.
    https://timneytriggers.com/elite-hunter-remington-700/
    Highly Reccomend.
    This is what I will do, thanks! What pound trigger did you order? I don’t like a hard trigger but not a hair trigger either. Most factory settings are I think at 5lbs, but I haven't ever shot a 700 so not sure how it feels. I know its different strokes for different folks but what poundage did you go with. For the record, I have rough mechanical hands that I can scratch my woman’s back with and not use my fingernails and can’t stand when somebody lays a dead fish in my hand while introducing themselves ha ha!
    GENESIS 1 : 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Id drop a 2.5lb timney in it and rock on, if you want a factory Remington trigger I have one sitting in the safe you are welcome to.

Remington triggers suck. If you don’t go Timney, the Triggertech is awesome too.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

my 700ADL factory trigger recall was done in darlington at southland

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Id drop a 2.5lb timney in it and rock on, if you want a factory Remington trigger I have one sitting in the safe you are welcome to.
    Thank you for the offer but I think I'm going with the Timney. I've always wanted to see what a Non Stock trigger would be like so here's my opportunity. I have $0 in this gun other than some good hard work while helping out a church member in need so I don't mind putting a few dollars into it now. It'll be one of my boys one day anyway so I want to make it safe and reliable.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by colej View Post
    Thank you for the offer but I think I'm going with the Timney. I've always wanted to see what a Non Stock trigger would be like so here's my opportunity. I have $0 in this gun other than some good hard work while helping out a church member in need so I don't mind putting a few dollars into it now. It'll be one of my boys one day anyway so I want to make it safe and reliable.
    Get the Timney Calvin Elite. It is an excellent trigger. I like mine around 28oz.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by colej View Post
    Only problem your fixing to have is that all your other factory triggers will feel like garbage now and you will want to replace them also.

Quote Originally Posted by CWPINST View Post
    Get the Timney Calvin Elite. It is an excellent trigger. I like mine around 28oz.
    I actually got the Hunter elite in the mail just the other day and picked up my barrel from being Cerekoted earlier today. I’ll be putting it back together and hopefully sighting it in this afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by CWPINST View Post
    This and don’t look back
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot