Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How about a “field report” thread...

Haven’t heard of any really big deer in the upstate yet but a lot of deer were piled up at the processors lately. White oaks the next couple weeks for me, some dropping well right now and deer heavy on them. Have seen a good many deer so far but no big deer yet. Holding back some and not hunting hard yet, planning to do so first week of November.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Miss Wiley Monday morning with the boy

8C85C03B-39FB-4430-9A14-A3AD94279A12.jpg

I haven’t seen many does this year, managed to get in the stand 5 times during bow season and had the buck I’m after within 50 yards twice the most recent being last Friday. Taking the gun and bow Friday and Saturday to see what happens. My boy will be with me so I may not have the restraint to lay off all these younger bucks I’ve been letting slide.

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    Miss Wiley Monday morning with the boy

8C85C03B-39FB-4430-9A14-A3AD94279A12.jpg
    Good killing

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

First chance to sit in the morning. What time is first shooting light?

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    First chance to sit in the morning. What time is first shooting light?

Male deer were trying to sex female deer tonight, and the females knew it. Saw a great buck and couldn’t get a shot, as he was trying to sex. It was fun
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Sat this evening in the Lowcountry- saw 3 does and a basket racked young 8- only heard 1 shot- I usually see 10-12 deer from that stand every sit- can see long range

Sat 10/17 Edgefield county. Saw one little spike cruising at 6. Then 2 does and 2 yearlings in the corn 15 minutes before dark. Son sat a stand that is hot. He saw a “deer” past shooting time, while he was waiting on me to pick him up.

Maybe this morning will be good

Saw three different bucks on the way to the farm. This morning should be on point. Good luck fellas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Sounds like a war zone in Barnwell county. Got a buck down and they’re still walking

Same in Pelzer. Shane’s gonna be busy today.

A few of us hunted Thursday and Friday in Kershaw. The deer moved very close to the lunar forecast in our area. Thursday - A great 10 point was killed cruising at 12:40pm. At 4:30pm I was trying to get in a tree and had a buck running others off and chasing. I finally get in the tree and decent 10 walked over the hill and he died. Saw 6 bucks and 3 does that sit and dad saw 3 bucks and a doe. Friday was slower - still saw 5 does, 2 bucks.

Heard two shots so far this morning. This wind is tough. Up to 20mph

Get in the woods. They are moving and chasing. Candler’s is full.

Peach orchard had a line out to the road tonight just to bring in their deers.Most I've seen all year.

Yep Shane’s place was hopping this am.....killed a 8 at 745 but had several bucks cruising around.

Another buddy killed a nice 8 on our lease in Antreville this afternoon and caught hell finding a processor.

7793733E-DE48-4F1C-946A-D3D3327816FC.jpg

Not seeing much in Ehrhardt . Bumped one off the plot on the way to the stand this morning. Only heard 2 shots last night. Have heard 3 shots this morning.

Heard one shot this morning. I’m sitting with my 8yo who is quiet as a mouse via his mouth but I’ll be damn if the boy can sit still

We had a deer working to the corn coming into the wind and bust us before I ever saw it. Not sure if it was smell or movement...probably both. I sat with him last night and we saw a couple deer that we couldn’t get a shot on, which was pretty cool as those were the first deer he saw from the stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    Same in Pelzer. Shane’s gonna be busy today.
    He was full up by 10am.