Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: offshore-nearshore questions

Default offshore-nearshore questions

This is the 1st fall in a decade that I am not coaching at least one of my sons in football so I have the chance to head to the coast.

Staying in Garden City. Shrimping Thursday, want to fish Friday. Looking for suggestions on depth and/or distance to catch some fish? Most familiar with trolling - Range is up to 35 miles or so. Bait-tank not working,, so dead baits only.

Input,thoughts, comments or snide remarks?

Thanks in advance.
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

We are headed out Friday out of Edisto. Prob gonna be about 35 ish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fix your bait tank?
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

I'd go bottom fishing unless you want to catch a bunch of kings

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    Fix your bait tank?
    ….
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by justpracticin View Post
    This is the 1st fall in a decade that I am not coaching at least one of my sons in football so I have the chance to head to the coast.

Staying in Garden City. Shrimping Thursday, want to fish Friday. Looking for suggestions on depth and/or distance to catch some fish? Most familiar with trolling - Range is up to 35 miles or so. Bait-tank not working,, so dead baits only.

Input,thoughts, comments or snide remarks?

Thanks in advance.
    If it wasn't for the kids and school, I could be talked into a trip on Friday.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I need a new job. The list of people that don't work on Fridays keeps growing. Home Builders, Lawyers, Insurance Guys....next thing you know Vets will start closing as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

I need a new job. The list of people that don't work on Fridays keeps growing. Home Builders, Lawyers, Insurance Guys....next thing you know Vets will start closing as well.
    The office is still open lol

Come join the travel industry ... in 2020 you can take any day off you want, and it doesn't matter at all. It sucks for making money, but I'm gonna have a hell of a duck season.

At least Dentists still work Fridays, right?
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Pm coming JP
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Kings and menhaden on the beach. Big drum should be under those menhaden. Probably a tarpon still around. Best fishing is happening now.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Fish them jetty's. I have caught some huge Kings and money Kings this time of year close
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

go with saltydog
    and
    dont listen to Bog

got it?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

live bottom, chicken rigs, hunk of squid and frozen cigar minnow- catches everything on the bottom, cut up a small blackfish and it's even better- they be hongry right now. Public numbers off maps unique works.
    I also jig or cast, sink to the bottom and drag back a big heavy white bucktail with a white curly tail trailer- they will slam it and usually much better quality fish- cobia love it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    live bottom, chicken rigs, hunk of squid and frozen cigar minnow- catches everything on the bottom, cut up a small blackfish and it's even better- they be hongry right now. Public numbers off maps unique works.
    I also jig or cast, sink to the bottom and drag back a big heavy white bucktail with a white curly tail trailer- they will slam it and usually much better quality fish- cobia love it too.
    Im gonna try the bucktail trick Friday. I've jigged them but never really casted and dragged.

Trigger fish!!!
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

If you want to trigger Fish, just start tying baits incorrectly in front of him.....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    If you want to trigger Fish, just start tying baits incorrectly in front of him.....
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    Trigger fish!!!
    I got a spot.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013