Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rover 109 Projects

Very impressive Will, very impressive.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Badass man! Love seeing it around town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

How do you like that Sniper fuel injection? I was torn between it and the Fitech for that yellow CJ7. I ultimately went with Fitech because of the look of the intake.
    More fuel = more boost!!

So far, so good. I will admit to a lot of the tuning parameters being over my head. I’ve not really done much to it though, it’s still in learn mode. I’m not sure I’ll use a carburetor again.....no more cold starts, no more vapor lock, no more clogged jets, etc. The Holley will not start learn mode unless the temperature hits 160. My engine runs pretty cool so in this cold weather, I am having a really hard time keeping it in learn mode. It will turn on when I idle at a traffic light or something but as soon as I start driving it dips below 160 and stops learning. I think I can adjust that in the software though.

My only complaint with the Holley, is that the fuel pump is so loud it’s obnoxious. It’s mounted in rubber isolators, but the humming it makes drives me insane. I’m going to figure something else out. Tank mounted is not an option for me, so i will always be able to hear it, but damn it’s loud.

Where did you mount the one for the CJ?

On the frame near the rear

More fuel = more boost!!

Get over here now if you want at least our cyber cards to go out in time.

My BIL has the same year and wheelbase, all original. Cool truck for sure!

What's the wall thickness on the square tubing you used for the sliders?

Quote Originally Posted by Nolo Contendere View Post
    What's the wall thickness on the square tubing you used for the sliders?

3/16”

Worked on finishing the winch instal this weekend.

I was missing the three little cable connections that allow the controls to mount to the winch itself. I ordered the three of them and also needed to source a longer brake cable as mine was too short. After a little googling I came up with this Dorman Push/Pull Cable that works perfectly. They come in different lengths, so I ordered long and cut to size. The power control cable is connected to a knife switch I mounted in the engine bay of the truck.

I got all of the controls mounted in the cab of the truck and the winch is in business.

I ordered 100' of 3/8" synthetic line as well.

Why the rope and not cable? I this thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    Why the rope and not cable? I this thing.
    Synthetic is much lighter, has a much higher tensile strength than cable and won't kill you when it breaks. Pulling out a bunch of coiled up 5/16" cable sucks compared to pulling out this stuff.

Synthetic is much lighter, has a much higher tensile strength than cable and won't kill you when it breaks. Pulling out a bunch of coiled up 5/16" cable sucks compared to pulling out this stuff.
    This right here. I will never go back to wire.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

Makes sense. Bad ass rig.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Nice job on the winch. Does the synthetic require any type of “maintenance” ? Seems I read that somewhere, but I just run cable. Wouldn’t mind switching to cut down on weight.
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post
    Nice job on the winch. Does the synthetic require any type of “maintenance” ? Seems I read that somewhere, but I just run cable. Wouldn’t mind switching to cut down on weight.
    I don’t do anything special. I’ll pull it all out every once in a while if it’s been wet or if I have used it to make sure it’s all nice and loose and the drum is dry. Otherwise, nothing.

I don’t do anything special. I’ll pull it all out every once in a while if it’s been wet or if I have used it to make sure it’s all nice and loose and the drum is dry. Otherwise, nothing.
    Good to know. Keep up the good work

Impressive as always

Synthetic is where it’s at
    More fuel = more boost!!

I reckon I'll keep this current.......

Stock tank is just a hair under 12 gallons which is not much fuel. There is a design floating around on the internet that will fit what they call a long range fuel tank. I went over to a friends shop today and we made a custom fuel tank that holds 15+ gallons and based it loosely on the design for a long range tank.

We literally maximized every square inch of available space. This means cutting off existing fuel tank outriggers and creating new mounting points.

The entire tank is 1/4" Aluminum, so it's pretty dang stout......no need for a skid plate.

I moved some of the holes around so that they worked better with the in tank fuel pump for my Sniper.

We could of made the tank out of two pieces of aluminum and that was our intent, but when breaking the top section we started talking and ended up breaking it backwards. Stupid mistake that put the holes for the vent and fill on the wrong side of the tank. We even had it written in big bold letters, but still screwed up...lol. That's why it's cut apart in the picture and the top is welded in sections.

Anyway, here are some pictures of what we ended up with.

I am very happy with the capacity and as my Sniper learns my fuel mileage improves. When I drove to NC last weekend I averaged 15MPG so this tank should give me a 225+ Mile range on the highway.

Now that I post, I realize I did not update it after I complained about the fuel pump being loud.

I ditched the external Holley pump and ordered an in tank fuel pump kit. It's 100 times better and make almost no noise at all. Anyway, that is what you see in the pictures above and here is what it looks like outside the tank.