Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Work Boots??

I’m a redwing guy. They last a good while. Being a land surveyor I put mine thru the paces and wear them 5 days a week. I usually get about 5 years out of a pair. Longer if I actually clean and condition them more often. They are worth $$$.

Oh and make sure you get the American made ones, not the Chinese ones. They are not as quality IMHO.
    Last edited by jedmonston2005; 10-05-2020 at 08:25 PM.

Red Wing if you need a toe. I wear Danner now since I don’t need a toe and they’re great. Pronghorn lace ups
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Boots were hard to find in Charleston. Ended up going to the boot jack west Ashley & getting some Justin’s that are composite toe & waterproof. Pretty comfortable too.

Quote Originally Posted by jedmonston2005 View Post
    I’m a redwing guy. They last a good while. Being a land surveyor I put mine thru the paces and wear them 5 days a week. I usually get about 5 years out of a pair. Longer if I actually clean and condition them more often. They are worth $$$.

Oh and make sure you get the American made ones, not the Chinese ones. They are not as quality IMHO.
    What red wings are y’all wearing that y’all are getting life out of? I tried to be a red wing guy because my uncle and several others praised them. I tried several different pairs and couldn’t get more than 6-8 months out of any of the ones I tried. I’ve only had slip-ons. Have had good success out of the Irish setters which are made by red wing.
    Last edited by bearclaw; 10-12-2020 at 05:17 AM.

I replaced mine annually, recaust in the papermill is tough on boot rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    Danner sharp tail pull ons.
    Best boots I ever owned
    All Men are self made, but, only the successful ones admit it!

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

any other stupid questions?"......Classic!

CP#96743

Quote Originally Posted by DuckorBust View Post
    Best boots I ever owned
    I’ve been wearing the sharptail lace ups almost daily for a month, and they are very nice. I’m gonna give them another couple months and see how they hold up before I order another pair to rotate.
    Last edited by wskinner; 10-12-2020 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    I’ve been wearing the sharptail lace ups almost daily for a month, and they are very nice. I’m gonna give them another couple months and see how they hold up before I order another pair to rotate.
    I’m interested to know how they hold up, I’ve been thinking about giving them a try the next time I buy boots.

The last 3 pairs of boots I’ve bought have been Irish setter havoc (lace-up model). I’ve been happy with them overall and get a solid years use out for them. The sharptails look similiar and aren’t much more of expensive, I’m curious if the Danner’s a better boot at not much price difference
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by bearclaw View Post
    What red wings are y’all wearing that y’all are getting life out of? I tried to be a red wing guy because my uncle and several others praised them. I tried several different pairs and couldn’t get more than 6-8 months out of any of the ones I tried. I’ve only had slip-ons. Have had good success out of the Irish setters which are made by red wing.
    I always get their logger style lace up boots. I will never own a pair of pull on/slip on boots. Real leather will stretch with time and become looser around the foot. I also tend to get my boots a size narrower than they suggest due to that fact. (I have skinny long feet thou) If you throw some leather boot conditioners on once or twice a year, you’d be amazed at how long you can get out of a pair of good boots.

When purchasing be sure to check if they are American made or China made. There is a difference in quality and there is a difference in price too.
    Last edited by jedmonston2005; 10-19-2020 at 08:14 AM.