Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gameday

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Ass Clowns
    Speaking of ass clowns, it’s very appropriate that, while others are actually having a thoughtful and intelligent discussion about issues surrounding the team, this is your response.

Never change. Please, never change.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    I'm a 3rd generation Clemson grad. Got 2 degrees from there and spent 12 months in town for 6 years. I loved football and baseball so much that I worked on the Athletic Grounds for minimum wage for 4 years. This year, I've watched maybe a quarter of football. I can't say why specifically. I can say that football was more fun to watch when we had a chance to lose. The Tommy Bowden days were fun, to me, as Clemson could win or lose on any given day. Steam rolling goofy Wake Forest and Syracuse is boring. BLM propaganda is annoying. Dabo did a good job at what he did prior to 2020, but he's gone off the rails. If we play in the playoffs, I'll grill a steak and watch, probably poke fun at Carolina fans in the meantime, but football has lost its luster for me.

To answers Bart's question, I'd trade the winning to get my "school pride" (whatever that is) back.
    Most of the Clemson fans I know would agree with you. There's not much to get excited about or even root for when you're favored by 30 plus each week. The BLM and other crap is just the icing on the cake for apathy.

I ain't the same for me. I'll watch some, but just can't get into it. I would plan around games, opposite now. I refuse to watch Pros.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    Speaking of ass clowns, it’s very appropriate that, while others are actually having a thoughtful and intelligent discussion about issues surrounding the team, this is your response.

He actually thinks this is a Clemson issue.

I'm woke.

Woke up and found something better to do.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post

He can't help it. You should feel sorry for him.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    I ain't the same for me. I'll watch some, but just can't get into it. I would plan around games, opposite now. I refuse to watch Pros.
    Same, except planning around games. I've been trying to get into watching them and it just sucks this year. I haven't seen a single game that excited me. Heck, it's hard to even think about watching them with the stands virtually empty, zero atmosphere and all the political BS being integrated into them.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Says the guy all giddy and posting about Cuck Herbstreit coming to his citay...

I care less than I did before. now at least, I don't feel like I have to watch enough to be able to relevant in meaningless conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Says the guy all giddy and posting about Cuck Herbstreit coming to his citay...
    Naw Man, just reporting what was written
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Dangit! Y'all bailing on your teams sux. I was so looking forward to using this one this season.

That said, I ain't watched a single second of any games and I ain't missed it. Pro and college sports are just a distraction. They are the same as Hitler's Saturday parties in every village weekly. Opiate for the masses.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 10-05-2020 at 02:30 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

And this is the type of stuff that happens when people give an inch. It starts a snowball effect. Just like taking down the Confederate flag, for example. When do people stop giving in? Giving in for votes is a crying shame.

I’ve watched the games. I don’t yet know if I care, because I haven’t had to throw anything or yell at the tv. I am a 4th generation Clemson grad that is married to a Clemson grad. Clemson University stared meaning less to me when the goals of the University led to more northerners getting in, as opposed to South Carolinians. I understand the need for balance, but Clemson’s job should first be to educate the qualified citizens of SC. I’ve known several good Clemson people from Clemson families that got admitted to UofSC, but not Clemson. That is bothersome.

I don’t watch the football team for their political beliefs. I think I watch them because it’s a connection to my late grandfather. I don’t care what 19 year olds care about, to be honest. I don’t really care what Dabo cares about. He doesn’t represent me or my family. He coaches a football team. I find it hard to follow with so many new starters, and “love” intercepts the ball. I didn’t know who “love”was. He’s good at football.

If this virus and social justice stuff has reminded me of anything, it has been that I am responsible for my family and what keeps us safe and makes us happy. I love, and will always love Clemson University and the Clemson Tigers, but this is a great reminder to get outside and enjoy your family and friends. If it matters, I haven’t financially supported Clemson University or Clemson Athletics in over 12 years. They made that choice. I’m a consumer who consumes what I choose to consume
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

^you go, boy

I watched a little bit of the NBA game the other day and dont feel dirty at all.
    I appreciated the athletic abilities.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    your all giddy ass started the thread
    It's ok to still enjoy your football team, don't let two or three of these self-righteous morons peer pressure you.
    Stand up for your boys "Love" Peace" and "Equality"
    #backpeddling

I don’t think I’ve watched an entire NBA game since the mid 90’s. They are undoubtedly some of the best athletes on earth, but it doesn’t entertain me in the slightest. If there was an NBA game being played in my back yard, I’m not sure I’d look out the window. Should that happen, you are welcome on the porch, and I’ll bring you beers
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    I’ve watched the games. I don’t yet know if I care, because I haven’t had to throw anything or yell at the tv. I am a 4th generation Clemson grad that is married to a Clemson grad. Clemson University stared meaning less to me when the goals of the University led to more northerners getting in, as opposed to South Carolinians. I understand the need for balance, but Clemson’s job should first be to educate the qualified citizens of SC. I’ve known several good Clemson people from Clemson families that got admitted to UofSC, but not Clemson. That is bothersome.

I don’t watch the football team for their political beliefs. I think I watch them because it’s a connection to my late grandfather. I don’t care what 19 year olds care about, to be honest. I don’t really care what Dabo cares about. He doesn’t represent me or my family. He coaches a football team. I find it hard to follow with so many new starters, and “love” intercepts the ball. I didn’t know who “love”was. He’s good at football.

If this virus and social justice stuff has reminded me of anything, it has been that I am responsible for my family and what keeps us safe and makes us happy. I love, and will always love Clemson University and the Clemson Tigers, but this is a great reminder to get outside and enjoy your family and friends. If it matters, I haven’t financially supported Clemson University or Clemson Athletics in over 12 years. They made that choice. I’m a consumer who consumes what I choose to consume
    an honest assessment that i can respect

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    He actually thinks this is a Clemson issue.
    No Bo, some schools are just "leading the way" more than others
    carry on
    #IPTAYLOVEPEACEHARMONYEQUALITY

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    No Bo, some schools are just "leading the way" more than others
    carry on
    #IPTAYLOVEPEACEHARMONYEQUALITY
    As I said, You can't help it.

Tigers gonna have tough game with Canes this week I have only seen highlights of Miami but QB looks very good and can run

Just hate the teams(and TV audience ) will not get full effect of Death Valley in a night game