Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eagles

The ones around Santee are Democrats apparently... they just take the fish from the ospreys as they catch em.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    Do you feel better now?
    He's just grumpy because there are none at farmstead. There are a pair down the street from his house. And we saw a pair at our club this weekend that nest near a neighbor's pond. And there is another pair in Columbia at another lake near 2th.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Someone posted on here a while back that he saw more eagles than wild quail. Sad, but true.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Has anyone ever seen a fox squirrel?
    Daniel Island has a ton of fox squirrels.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Has anyone ever seen a fox squirrel?
    I used to see them on Earth rd in northeast Columbia quite often. Not in the last couple years though.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

I saw one in our quail preserve in Saluda county last January. I wasn’t real thrilled to see it.
    Last edited by CofC Waterfowler; 10-09-2020 at 07:25 AM.

They don’t migrate. Once they’ve found an area they stay their lifespan in that area. The James River is full of them cause they don’t leave. An osprey btw can beat an Eagles ass. We see them on the Hudson in the winter on the ice eating stuff that falls through & dies.

Saw one between Anderson and Belton yesterday morn in a field on a kill of some kind. Full grown eagle too, had a half dozen crows surrounding him at a healthy distance which gave perspective. Think that’s the first time I’ve ever seen one without a large lake or river nearby. Also almost hit a copper hawk standing on roadkill in hickory tavern. Then I came home and spent the evening butchering a deer. Omens I guess.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

My son and my spouse saw an eagle the other day on Indian Mound Road in Laurens county eating garbage out of a garbage pile in some redneck's yard. Not far from Lake Greenwood.

We see them in Mountville, from time to time, including scavenging on a freshly cut hay field. In 2018 and 2019, we had a pair consistently on a farm pond in a cow pasture. We're probably about 8 or 9 miles from Lake Greenwood as the eagle flies.
    Last edited by Zephyr; 10-23-2020 at 09:45 AM.
    Hunting outside the box

Quote Originally Posted by Tugted312 View Post
    They don’t migrate. Once they’ve found an area they stay their lifespan in that area. The James River is full of them cause they don’t leave. An osprey btw can beat an Eagles ass. We see them on the Hudson in the winter on the ice eating stuff that falls through & dies.
    I disagree there. While many do tend to stay put in a food rich area, many also migrate right along with migrating waterfowl, staying in an area to feed on them only until they move on. Smart duck hunters learned a long time ago to pay as much attention to refuge eagle counts as they do to duck numbers...

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    My son and my spouse saw an eagle the other day on Indian Mound Road in Laurens county eating garbage out of a garbage pile in some redneck's yard. Not far from Lake Greenwood.

We see them in Mountville, from time to time, including scavenging on a freshly cut hay field. In 2018 and 2019, we had a pair consistently on a farm pond in a cow pasture. We're probably about 8 or 9 miles from Lake Greenwood as the eagle flies.
    Yep. Indian mound rd. , river forks rd. , heck that whole Waterloo area your apt to see anything.