Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eagles

Default Eagles

I’ve lived in southern Greenville county for the better part of 50 years, and have never seen a bald eagle here. Until the last month. I’ve seen three within a ten mile radius of my home. I know raptors migrate through in August and September, just never seen them before.
    I’ve seen several fishing Russell and Clarks Hill never any up this way till now. Anyone else up this way seen any?

I saw one at my farm in belton last year on two different occasions. I too was surprised.
    Go Tigers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    I’ve lived in southern Greenville county for the better part of 50 years, and have never seen a bald eagle here. Until the last month. I’ve seen three within a ten mile radius of my home. I know raptors migrate through in August and September, just never seen them before.
    I’ve seen several fishing Russell and Clarks Hill never any up this way till now. Anyone else up this way seen any?
    I saw one several years ago on Nash Mill off 418. Saw one in my front yard in Woompston a couple years back. Well, I saw one FROM my front yard, sumbitch was soaring way up at the time.

Several on Hartwell.

I see those things pretty consistently around here.. like not near y'all though. From the lake, and down through the river..

A few will post up around the lake house, a few years back I was walking back there with my little big buddy, a guy a call for anything I dont feel like doing.. one of my two lake neighbors from Charlotte was asking us to help him with my buddy's skid steer. One of those big bastards came out the tree, not very high up and swooped over him. I thought he was going to die right there on the spot, and I immediately was thinking what I'd do if he shit in his pants. I'd hate for him to die in shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    Several on Hartwell.
    First one I ever saw was behind Hartwell dam before Russell was ever built.

We see them regularly on the northern Greenville County state line chasing trout around...

Got one that live on my workplace property. We call him Donald

I’ve seen a few in the Johnson City, TN and Boone, NC area.

Use to see them all the time at jocassee back in the day. See them a fair amount at our place in st Matthews as well. They come over from Santee

I saw 6 last weekend while fishing at Wateree out in front of Clearwater. I was a site to see.
    Last edited by Pee Dee Ducks; 10-01-2020 at 08:24 PM.

I’ve never seen on in the “upstate”, but I’ve seen plenty around Wateree. Also, once in McClellanville I saw two in one tree. Ironically a buzzard was roosted with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

We have several pair at our site in Jamestown.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I've seen one on Lake Cooley, inman. Seen half dozen hanging with buzzards over the gut pit in Georgetown off Belle Island Rd.
    Low country redneck who moved north

As Tater said, we’ll see one or two occasionally in Williamston around the Big Creek Watershed (better know as the reservoir). Pretty cool when you see them.

I'd just about put money on it, if you go to your local landfill you will see eagles............just saying!
    Last edited by Beachbird; 10-02-2020 at 05:37 AM.

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachbird View Post
    I'd just about put money on it, if you go to your local landfill you will see eagles............just saying!
    Yep, big scavengers. In Canada; between the coyotes, ravens and eagles a kill would be picked clean in 24hrs.

I hear they taste like chicken.