Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Waterfowl Backpack

Quote Originally Posted by Strick9 View Post
    That Alice Pack or another mil pac would be my choice. I rarely use one for duck hunting but daggum if every time I see a buddy toting his through the timber or marsh if I don't say to myself I need to remember to bring mine.
    Very likely to go this route.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

I converted from a standard blind bag to a Badlands backpack years ago with no plans on going back. I carry facemasks, extra gloves, a multitool, a few boxes of shells, extra water, snacks etc. I use a leather bird strap to carry a few decoys in and hopefully a few birds out. I can strap my gun to it as well as it's designed to carry a scoped rifle across rugged terrain. It's incredibly comfortable and I love the dang thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Just saw this on Wing Supply. Rig’em Right Stump Jumper pack.
    https://www.wingsupply.com/media/cat...7w-rr301-c.jpg
    \"If they don\'t hatch, they don\'t fly south\"

This one got my attention but then just didn't want to pay that much for a bag. Dude has a pretty good podcast for the most part and was the guy that 25 horse short video was about

https://drduck.com/huntlocker-backpack/

Quote Originally Posted by theoldblackdog View Post
    This one got my attention but then just didn't want to pay that much for a bag. Dude has a pretty good podcast for the most part and was the guy that 25 horse short video was about

Saw that one in one of their YouTube videos. Immediately looked it up. It’s nice, but you have to spend a bunch of time hunting to justify $250 for a blind bag. I do like the shelf style storage though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

I have an old drake backpack, only thing of theirs I own but that thing is bulletproof. Somehow with all the saltwater its seen the main zippers still work. It will hold about anything, 2 mojos, handsaw, water, whisky, you name it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by theoldblackdog View Post

I looked at these but can't see myself spending 250 on that, even if it is super nice

Drake waterfowl on sale today in the pit: https://www.drakewaterfowl.com/pages/pit

PM to you Wskinner

Real men wear fanny packs.

Kno dat

Well, I went with the tanglefree backpack. It's basically an ALICE pack copy. Buckles and straps seem competently constructed. Pretty comfortable. 6 mile round trip on the bicycle provided results this morning on opening day in sunny south Florida .

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tman; 11-21-2020 at 07:57 PM.

Dang, I’ve been doing it all wrong, all I take is a gun, decoys, & pocket full of shells.

Good stuff tman

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

The reviews on that Cabelas Northern Flight Waterfowlers Pack aren’t too good.

I’ve got a Tanglefree pack that’s like the Alice pack design with the five(?) outside pockets that works out well. Mine is in need of new straps after years of use, but it’s a decent pack for the $’s.

https://tanglefree.com/collections/blind-bags-backpack
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Good stuff tman

Thanks FD

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    The reviews on that Cabelas Northern Flight Waterfowlers Pack aren’t too good.

I’ve got a Tanglefree pack that’s like the Alice pack design with the five(?) outside pockets that works out well. Mine is in need of new straps after years of use, but it’s a decent pack for the $’s.

https://tanglefree.com/collections/blind-bags-backpack
    Yup, that tanglefree is the one I've got. I'm liking it so far. What scared me about the cabelas pack, were the many reviews about how the straps ripped off after 1 or 2 uses
    Last edited by tman; 11-21-2020 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    Yup, that tanglefree is the one I've got. I'm liking it so far. What scared me about the cabelas pack, were the many reviews about how the straps ripped off after 1 or 2 uses
    I see that. Good choice. I should have, obviously, reread the latest posts to save myself the finger typing.

Nice hunt! I’m not even seeing or hearing any Wood Ducks around and until two years ago we would be covered up in them across the creek out back.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I have an old filson field bag that goes with me everywhere. It’s one strap and is perfect size. Those vests are tacky to me. I don’t want a bunch of stuff hanging off me like Rambo.