Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cast iron seasoning

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    Attachment 59891

My three favorite Wagner's...

The oven and #5 were from my Mom's mother and have been used weekly since the late 30's. The other #8 Wagner belonged to my father's mother(born in 1900)and was a wedding present when she was 20.

Attachment 59892

And some Wagner Turks Head muffin and corn stick pans. I prefer skillet cornbread but cook some in these for old times sake for the kids on occasion.

ETA: To add to HS's post above...

I remember as an older child, at a large family gathering at the gin one Sunday afternoon, my grandmother(the epitome of a sweet, proper, Southern woman)stopping my great aunt/her sister on the way in with a basket of cornbread. She said "Thelma, if that basket is full of sweet cornbread, tell Billy to put it back in the truck......y'all can enjoy that back at your house". My Uncle Billy muttered the entire way back to the truck "I told you...but no, don't listen to me"

My grandmother looked at my cousins and I and I, as we were the only ones around, purses her lips, shook her head, and said "She knows better than that...."

I still laugh thinking about that day....
    That’s pretty funny,
    My great-grandmother used to make the cornsticks for me and my sister when we were little.
    She also introduced us to brown sugar butter biscuits and fatback. A saint of a woman...
    Last edited by Duck cutter; 10-14-2020 at 07:32 PM.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    That’s pretty funny,
    My great-grandmother used to make the cornsticks for me and my sister when we were little.
    She also introduced us to brown sugar butter biscuits and fatback. A saint of a woman...
    Yessir.....fatback or salt pork, over easy eggs, and biscuits with sorghum and red eye. My grandfather ate that three to four times a week and lived to be 97!

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    Attachment 59894

Found this in my dad’s storage shed a few weeks back. Going to see if I can save it and get it back in service.
    DAC2230A-1E67-4212-8E78-E47E6DED733F.jpg
    1E5F14B7-302C-4AFB-8ACC-C553300C9D58.jpg

This old Dutch oven got used today for the first time in maybe 65-70 years. Nothing like cast iron Mac-n-Cheese.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.