Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tillman needs your help

Default Tillman needs your help

Well our 1yr old male Boykin is great at home, wife loves him other than 1 thing. Marking his damn spots

He is about to lose his balls and I just hate to do that to him (guess it is a male thing )

He is potty and crate trained, every blue moon he will have an accident but very seldom but just when you think he is doing well he marks his spot We spray with enzyme odor neutralizer and always same couple spots . His favorite is MBDRM bed, had to wash dust ruffle last night while wife was not very happy with him OR ME LOL(she honestly kind of stressed due to her Moms’ health yesterday but that is a long story )

is there anything short of neutering him that will stop this

Been so long since we had a male puppy in the house, last one was a shi tzu about 20yrs ago, yep he lost his nuts

Honestly have no plans to breed him to be honest

Other than that he is a great pet for most part (still will chew up something from time to time )
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tprice; 11-10-2020 at 07:23 AM.

Will neutering him help this at all, hate to have it done and he still keep doing it

I'd beat the shit out of him the next time you catch him doing it.

Chewing stuff up and pissing in the house? I’d hit him in the head with an axe handle the second time.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

couple things here and let me preface these things by saying I'M NO VET

1. My vet and the ladies that work for him have always said that giving him the snip will help but not totally cure him of that. It will reduce but not eliminate
    2. My vet also says that especially if you are not planning on breeding him then he really needs to have his nuts chopped off because they can cause more health problems by having them than not
    3. The tricky thing with beating him is it will take a lot of times for him to get it through his head and catching him every time will be tough

Quote Originally Posted by theoldblackdog View Post
    couple things here and let me preface these things by saying I'M NO VET

1. My vet and the ladies that work for him have always said that giving him the snip will help but not totally cure him of that. It will reduce but not eliminate
    2. My vet also says that especially if you are not planning on breeding him then he really needs to have his nuts chopped off because they can cause more health problems by having them than not
    3. The tricky thing with beating him is it will take a lot of times for him to get it through his head and catching him every time will be tough
    4. It’s a Boykin
    FIFY
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

Put his ass outside where he belongs. When he pees in the house rub his face in it and give him a good pop and no.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by MDman View Post
    FIFY

Haha. I left that part out. However, my experience is with a chocolate lab and not a Boykin, guess that is why I left it out

I must admit that it is satisfying knowing the old one eyed piece of trash has a Boykin named after him...

"Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I'd beat the shit out of him the next time you catch him doing it.

This....
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

It's a Boykin, that's what they do

Had my Boykin snipped and for about 6 months after I swore I wasted my money because it didn't change anything. They're just neurotic breed and gonna do what they're gonna do. And yeah, I tried all of the above remedies. Never know when a breeding opportunity may pop up. I'd hang on to them on the off chance you could make some money vs. paying to guarantee to don't.

Marking is an alpha thing. Sounds like you need to take a step up on the totem pole.....

Just an observation.

Just can not bring myself to snip him and NO ain’t gonna beat shit out of him. Problem is we never catch him in the act.

I do have a shock collar , maybe that will help some IDK

89F04B4C-1C16-4B46-A6E0-A767B5AC75C0.jpg

Whiffle ball bat. And that toe needs amputation
    Last edited by trkykilr; 11-10-2020 at 08:52 PM.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by theoldblackdog View Post
    With a normal dog this could help. It has 0 affect on my Boykin, he will take a beating while still eating trash and act un phased.

Mine will not mark in the house but will mark over any other dogs spot we come across.

How often does Tillman take you out?

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    How often does Tillman take you out?

Plenty, 5am every morning Come home at lunch and 3-4 times in evening

Wife says it does not smell like pee when he does this (not sure if this makes sense due to fact I have zero sense of smell )

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    . And that toe needs amputation
    Figured somebody would notice that LOL

Yep my toenails are a whole other topic, Dr had me start using Vick’s on them. She said the rx they give you can have adverse affect on kidneys/liver and lot of times does not work

Open to other suggestions
    Last edited by tprice; 11-11-2020 at 06:48 AM.