Thread: Pirogue Seat

Default Pirogue Seat

I have been using decoy/blind bags stuffed behind me as a back rest when I hunt out of my pirogue. It has worked ok, but looking for something more comfortable this season.

Thinking about using a standard flip up jon boat seat (the plastic ones) just set on the bottom of the boat with no base.

Also I was thinking I could just cut a piece of plywood to fit and wrap it in burlap to set in between the gunnels as a back resst and just sit on the boat bottom. Not sure how well it would stay in place once you move around.

Anyone have any good seat ideas that they have used?

Just sell me the pirogue. I need a third one.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Yeah right. I have a few myself and always in the market for another. They are like guns. Just can't have enough.

One of them low to the ground seats used for turkey hunting works pretty good in my creek boat. There’s a name for them but I ain’t ever learned it

What about the momarsh seat?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    One of them low to the ground seats used for turkey hunting works pretty good in my creek boat. There’s a name for them but I ain’t ever learned it
    I use a cheap turkey lounger in my Chapman and it’s the bee’s knees

Quote Originally Posted by BowfinClassic View Post
    I use a cheap turkey lounger in my Chapman and it’s the bee’s knees
    This. The cabelas one is the best
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

I bought the MoMarsh seats for all of mine. They work great especially when using them for layout style hunting like I do out here in California.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

PineIsland had a pretty good design.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Good point. I didn't think about putting my turkey lounger in there. Good to go, my back thanks you.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    This. The cabelas one is the best
    Yep..... I use low beach seats and paint em up.... Set it up over the seat for proper placement
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

This is what I got for my sneak boat. I had to modify the width but it's pretty comfortable and very light weight.

ps1733.png

https://www.pelicansport.com/us_en/parts/seating
    Last edited by Palmetto Bug; 09-27-2020 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    I bought the MoMarsh seats for all of mine. They work great especially when using them for layout style hunting like I do out here in California.
    Any teal moving thry there yet?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

We went and checked the marsh where I do most of my hunting last week. There were probably 2000 birds there with the majority being pintails. We got some pretty cool drone footage of a huge group that were resting on a sand bar. There were a few cinnamon teal in the mix along with a couple canvasbacks, some mallards, and a pile of spoonies.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

I've been thinking about getting one of those.

I like paddling in on a milk crate for the extra height, but it does make it more tippy. The gobbler lounger is the ticket for low profile jump shooting.

Momarsh seat is great for hunting, not as comfortable as the turkey lounger for long paddling though. It's a trade off.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Which model of Momarsh are you using? I'm looking for something to make it so I can hunt out of the Mudbug when it's a little too deep to get out.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Just the MoMarsh Invisilounge XL. They work great and I like the fact that I can adjust the angle of the seat back as needed.

A 5 gallon bucket with a screw on lid gets the job done for teal. Nothing better than killing from a pirogue while barefoot in the marsh.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Nice work.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.