Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooper River

I would just put in at Cypress Gardens and there should be plenty of other gators on the ride too.

I think Remley's would be closer than Cypress Gardens.

Quote Originally Posted by acebasinman View Post
    Hope to try one more time but the landing situation is trifling. Can't get to Virginia avenue at high tide, can't get to Bushy park at low tide. There is a super shady looking apartment complex with a small ramp right in the perfect spot on goose creek but it is private and SHADY looking, though tempting.
    History does not record the meek.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    The closest landing is Virginia Ave. Park almost under the I-526 bridge but I'd be nervous about leaving a car there at night and the creek out to the river gets really shallow at low tide. Also know that as you go in Goose Creek, the Naval Weapons Station is the pretty land on both sides. They have patrol boats and may want to check you, out especially at night. If they do, don't make any sudden movements.
    It was a sad day when we lost the N Chas Fishing Club ramp years back....one of the best kept(or managed)secrets around.
    Last edited by FishSticker; 10-08-2020 at 10:38 AM.

We’ll be in the upper end tomorrow all day, or until we get one. Putting in at the ramp across from Gilligans, and going down river. We’ll be in a 15’ havoc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Quote Originally Posted by billbuster84 View Post
    We’ll be in the upper end tomorrow all day, or until we get one. Putting in at the ramp across from Gilligans, and going down river. We’ll be in a 15’ havoc

Low tide is your friend. It's tough when the water is high and they are up in the rice fields covered in grass.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    Low tide is your friend. It's tough when the water is high and they are up in the rice fields covered in grass.
    Thanks. We pulled an audible and will be putting in at Cypress Gardens and going from there. This is all new territory for all of us, so if nothing else, we’ll explore and discover some new locations.

"Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Good luck. Try not to get lost.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Colin4 View Post
    Good luck. Try not to get lost.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Hoping the gps will help us in that department. I keep it set up to show all my “trails”. Had to use it to follow the trail back out a while back

Quote Originally Posted by billbuster84 View Post
    Thanks. We pulled an audible and will be putting in at Cypress Gardens and going from there. This is all new territory for all of us, so if nothing else, we’ll explore and discover some new locations.

East branch around Quinby
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    East branch around Quinby
    Got on a few in East Branch, but couldn’t seal the deal. Just hit the road heading north

My ol lady's family owns the property straight across when you come out of Durham Creek. There has been a huge one hanging out there the last few years but I haven't been out there this year.