Thread: Finally HS football is BACK

Default Finally HS football is BACK

Just a scrimmage last night but sure did feel good to see a HS football game , my son is my spotter on Friday nights and his oldest loves coming to the games

Cason was learning to spot for me last night

Was shocked at the number of fans for a scrimmage, folks are itching to get beyond this pandemic

15683D89-EBA5-40E2-8298-94C7138A2ECD.jpg
    Last edited by tprice; 09-19-2020 at 07:04 AM.

The facilities that high schools have are unreal. The money that public schools piss away should infuriate us.

I went to a private school that had secondhand books, and desk. The parents and students would work on construction projects on the weekends.

Sorry to high jack your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post
    The facilities that high schools have are unreal. The money that public schools piss away should infuriate us.

I went to a private school that had secondhand books, and desk. The parents and students would work on construction projects on the weekends.

Spot fuckin on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post

Not sure what you are talking about. That stadium will be 50 yrs old in another year

Yep and still in great shape taking that into account. As for the turf it’s cheaper to maintain than grass.

Like it or not athletics keep a lot of kids in school and out of trouble and that’s worth it. Hell, I think EVERY student should be required to partake in a an extracurricular activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Yep and still in great shape taking that into account. As for the turf it’s cheaper to maintain than grass.

Like it or not athletics keep a lot of kids in school and out of trouble and that’s worth it. Hell, I think EVERY student should be required to partake in a an extracurricular activity.
    Right on, homie. Unfortunately, video gaming is now considered a sport, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Right on, homie. Unfortunately, video gaming is now considered a sport, so...
    It is and I just don't get it. Newberry College even has scholarships for it. Go figure
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post

Tater you hit the nail on the head , like it or not we have to do everything we can to keep kids out of trouble . Sports keeps them occupied and most of these kids worry more about what their coaches will say if they screw up

Between both HS in Anderson 5 (Westside & TLH) the district would spend $150K yr on maintenance

The jumbotrons bring in around 50K yr advertising dollars

Great thing about turf fields is you can let every one use it, little league football loves to play there and unlike natural grass they were the middle of the field out

On original topic I am just tickled to see these kids that work so hard get to try and salvage a season, my heart hurts for the Seniors last spring

Seems like it is a first step back toward “normal”.

Just hope they can make it through the entire season
    Last edited by tprice; 09-19-2020 at 04:58 PM.

UH OH, got a text yesterday that Crescent High School has shut down football for 2 weeks and JV Volleyball done for the season

Man this really sux for these kids