Thread: Puppies

Default Puppies

A few months ago we had to put down my hound Titan. He went by the name of the house dog. He was one of the best trail dogs I’ve ever owned or seen and he also was a phenomenal tracking dog on wounded deer. He would take one track and one track only until it was either dead or he was called off. This dog crawled in the bed with me every night for almost 9 years. He was that one special dog you get in your lifetime.

We have also had to put down one of our labs. She was 13. Little man was sad. He still has his Bagel the beagle which keeps him happy.

I need another tracking dog, and I’ve always wanted a basset. The wife is good with getting another dog. She seems to think it will help bring some normalcy back to the house. You never realize how much you miss chaos and barking dogs until they aren’t there. Anyone have any leads on reputable basset hound breeders with pups on the ground?

Really looking for a tri color pup.

Thanks

Anyone?

Just get a lab and be done with it.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

We took in a stray that really needs a new home. he really likes deer blood on my boots. Going to the pound on Monday.

20200914_164117.jpg

I had a friend that had a Bassett Hound. Much like bulldogs, they have been over and closely bred. Unless you buy a pup from a working line (of which I have never heard around here) then I am afraid you will end up with the same problems that my friend had. He loved the dog and never wanted to have anything but a companion but it was costly to keep healthy. that being said, I had a friend with a yellog lab that could track deer like nothing I had ever seen. His only issue was getting calls and texts way into the night to help find deer. Good luck, MG
    Dum Spiro Spero