Thread: Man drive time

Default Man drive time

Where we meeting up tomorrow morning?

Elk missing from Great Smoky Mountains National Park shows up in Greenville County
    WYFF 4Updated: 12:20 PM EDT Sep 18, 2020
    ed
    GREENVILLE COUNTY, S.C. —
    If you have seen an elk hanging out in Greenville County, you are not alone.

An elk from a herd at the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, has crossed over from North Carolina to South Carolina, according to Greg Lucas with the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources.

"The harness is a GPS radio collar. It’s been with us for about two weeks. It’s hanging out in the Greenville Watershed, but it keeps popping up in various places," Lucas said.

Lucas said the elk herd is a partnership between the National Park Service and N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission.

"They are not going to intervene unless the elk gets in an urban situation and endangers people and/or itself," Lucas said. "We are hoping it will go back to North Carolina! SCDNR is not currently trying to establish an elk population. We once had elk in South Carolina, but they disappeared many years ago, probably in the 1800s, due to overhunting and habitat destruction."

This is not the first time an elk has been spotted in our area.

One was spotted in Liberty and Norris in 2016.

Watch the story above.

And another off White Horse Road in Berea the same year

I seen one last year in The Wateree river near Boykin. A big ole gator had it in his mout.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Bring it on, heck we got bears, pigs, deer, yotes and a wild horse roaming, might as well get an elk, throw in some speed goats too. Use to be an Axis roaming around Simpsonville years ago.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Bring it on, heck we got bears, pigs, deer, yotes and a wild horse roaming, might as well get an elk, throw in some speed goats too. Use to be an Axis roaming around Simpsonville years ago.
    Wild horses in SC?

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Wild horses in SC?
    A lady died in the area, instead of finding homes for the horses her dirtbag kids just opened the gate to let them fend for themselves. We’re down to one now because the other one got hit and killed. It’s been visiting feeders on a lot of the clubs lately and is about as wild as they come.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Sounds like you need to borrow an excavator!

A lady died in the area, instead of finding homes for the horses her dirtbag kids just opened the gate to let them fend for themselves. We’re down to one now because the other one got hit and killed. It’s been visiting feeders on a lot of the clubs lately and is about as wild as they come.

dang i thought you were talking about little horse island.

it would be wild to see an elk wondering down white horse road
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

I’d jump a foot in the air if I was sitting in the stand and one of those jokers let off a bugle right next to me.

Quote Originally Posted by waterbreaker View Post
    Sounds like you need to borrow an excavator!
    Never seen it in person, we have it on camera at night on a few feeders, just like everything else, always at night.

Might fine eating and love to hear an arrow slip through one.

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    Might fine eating and love to hear an arrow slip through one.
    Does the horse whinny when you shoot them? How's the jerky?

Tastes just like chicken.
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH

Execute him for bringing in an uncleaned elk skull cap into the state, even if it's his own........

I talked to someone else who is either in your club or close that said they've never seen it in person either. I saw it on a different friend's club during turkey season, but it was 700 yards away. Basically a swishing tail and blurred mirage image through the binoculars.