Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 5 Day In Person School

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    I'd ague that barring some true outliers, everyone has the opportunity. It's just a matter of what you're willing to sacrifice.
    I guess Feets and I suck as parents...

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    I guess Feets and I suck as parents...
    I don't know if you do or don't. I'm sure you're both fine parents. My argument is that if you really wanted, you could homeschool or do other alternative schooling. I'm not saying everyone should, but the option is there for many Americans.

It should be easy because there should be vouchers with patents making the choice not district lines.

I don't know if you do or don't. I'm sure you're both fine parents. My argument is that if you really wanted, you could homeschool or do other alternative schooling. I'm not saying everyone should, but the option is there for many Americans.
    You're correct. The option is there for some. Unfortunately both my wife and I have to work and private school is unaffordable for us. Therefore public school is our option.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    It should be easy because there should be vouchers with patents making the choice not district lines.
    While I agree in principal, in practice it just isn't' feasible. Also, if school are that important to you, it's not hard to move across town to a better school district. Where you live has consequences in many regards (both good and bad)

Does not wanting my kid to have to play fucking 8 man football count as an outlier?

PS - I probably do suck as a parent, but I try

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

While I agree in principal, in practice it just isn't' feasible. Also, if school are that important to you, it's not hard to move across town to a better school district. Where you live has consequences in many regards (both good and bad)
    I could move to where my kids would be assigned to some of the best schools in Greenville County and they'd still only be going two days a week. Where they attend now is a great school, but the School Distrcts are making the choices on how many days a week the kids go. That's the whole argument of this thread, but this is SC Ducks and I know it's hard to stay on track.
    Last edited by Luvin' Labs; 09-22-2020 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Does not wanting my kid to have to play fucking 8 man football count as an outlier?

PS - I probably do suck as a parent, but I try

We all try...

I could move to where my kids would be assigned to some of the best schools in Greenville County and they'd still only be going two days a week. Where they attend now is a great school, but the School Distrcts are making the choices on how many days a week the kids go. That's the whole argument of this thread, but this is SC Ducks and I know it's hard to stay on track.
    Ha, all threads must go off topic. It's rule #1 of scducks. My only opinion of 5 day school is it ain't happening until the spring for most public school districts. As stupid as I think it is, ain't nothing going to change to make them go 5 days anytime soon.

The property taxes in Edgefield County are damn crazy. I thought those taxes went directly to school funding.
    I hate Edgefield County.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    The property taxes in Edgefield County are damn crazy. I thought those taxes went directly to school funding.
    I hate Edgefield County.
    You going to the board meeting tonight?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Yeah until you take into account the myriad of circumstances that go into a decision like that when your kids are 13 and 15. You gonna move em to a different school just because they're going 5 days a week? What if it's not as good a school? No career center? Not as many AP opportunities? I could go on.....
    But it's not that easy, and I'm sure you realize that or you wouldn't have pulled yours from public to homeschool. I'm glad you had that opportunity. Others do not.
    Think yall missed my point...being; school choice, voucher, etc should be easy. If you wanted to send your kid to a different public school that was doing something you wanted...you should be able to go. The school system in general is pretty messed up. Covid didn't create the mess, only exposed it to the masses.

Yep. The demands are becoming louder. Cheap to give a $7k voucher than spend $10k in a broke public system. Public school teachers are opposed.

Feets, I saw this today.

Chad's voicemail box is full.
    I did talk to Scott Cooper today. These property taxes are killing me.

What was the conclusion?
    Last edited by SCDAWG; 09-23-2020 at 02:56 PM.