Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5 Day In Person School

Me and mine are in Marathon for a couple weeks. Some days my first grader logs on, some days she doesn’t. All days we catch dinner. It’s cheaper than Hammond and better for your insides. This has been a real eye opener, as it relates to expecting/relying on someone else to take responsibility for educating my chirrens. It’s our job to do it, so they need to stop taxing me for services that aren’t provided.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

The 5 day in person is not a school or district level issue. As long as the gov requires the CDC guidelines as F'd up as they are the schools a bound. They cant have every one inside and meet guidelines / requirements. If something happens to a kid or staff member it would be an instant lawsuit. The government has to force the CDC to change rules.

Quote Originally Posted by BBDII Colt View Post
    The 5 day in person is not a school or district level issue. As long as the gov requires the CDC guidelines as F'd up as they are the schools a bound. They cant have every one inside and meet guidelines / requirements. If something happens to a kid or staff member it would be an instant lawsuit. The government has to force the CDC to change rules.
    Then why did different districts have different guidelines, and why is private 5 days a week face to face? Is there a public CDC and a private CDC?
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Then why did different districts have different guidelines, and why is private 5 days a week face to face? Is there a public CDC and a private CDC?
    In Spartanburg dist 6, half the kids go on Mondays and Wednesdays, the other half go on Tuesdays and Thursdays and then all students go on Fridays. It's a mess.

So we gonna see a big break on our property taxes now, right?

Quote Originally Posted by MediaGuy View Post
    The legislature needs to tell them to do their job or be prepared for massive budget cuts. If they have an issue with that they can dig into the reserve funds of tax dollars that they hoarded for years.
    Except they just approved raises and hazard pay... bunch of BS.

When Florence District One superintendent did not allow the option of five day face to face education as an option I immediately contacted him and board members and expressed my objection. I also did so on facebook and a local radio show.

I am in the statehouse today advocating for a method to force districts to allow this and hope we have a vote today.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Our kids are all grown but we've been helping with our niece at least 3 days per week. It is absolutely crazy how unorganized the whole thing is. On another note I'm not sure what Feet's will do if he can't bitch about this on the book face every day....

I agree with you Drakey, it is a mess. Especially trying to pick them up from school on Friday's when all the kids are there.

Our home schooling is going quite smooth. All the material is done by lunch and the kids have the rest of the day to play. It's awesome. Kids miss their friends/classmates, don't get me wrong, but it's not a complete goat rope like are dealing with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Have the option of 5 day in person, virtual classroom, or self paced.

We are doing virtual classroom at home. My youngest is too hyperactive to wear a mask all day. They stay busy from 7:45 to 2pm everyday.

Default 5 Day In Person School

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Our home schooling is going quite smooth. All the material is done by lunch and the kids have the rest of the day to play. It's awesome. Kids miss their friends/classmates, don't get me wrong, but it's not a complete goat rope like are dealing with.
    Same here with 100% virtual. It was a shit show the first few Days. I was pretty heated. Smooth sailing now. Done with school and any homework at 2 everyday. Wife is doing a good job with it. I’m proud of her.
    Last edited by britton40; 09-16-2020 at 05:41 PM.

Me and mine are in Marathon for a couple weeks. Some days my first grader logs on, some days she doesn’t. All days we catch dinner. It’s cheaper than Hammond and better for your insides. This has been a real eye opener, as it relates to expecting/relying on someone else to take responsibility for educating my chirrens. It’s our job to do it, so they need to stop taxing me for services that aren’t provided.
    Live it up brother!
    We are in week three of five day a week close to normal schooling.
    There has been one positive Wuhan case in the entire school.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

It has to be by design. Think of how many kids don't even have parents capable of teaching the basics and those that just don't care. The end result will be a net education and knowledge and ability loss in a roughly 17 year age range spread thus further "dumbing" down our society.
    Genesis 9;2

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Live it up brother!
    We are in week three of five day a week close to normal schooling.
    There has been one positive Wuhan case in the entire school.
    If I was in your situation, I’d be at home and my kids would be in school. Given the cards we’ve been dealt, we are teaching them about the awareness of mangrove snapper to different sizes of fluorocarbon. The older ones are smart

Thats good parenting, Boozer!

Quote Originally Posted by Island Hunter View Post
    Thats good parenting, Boozer!
    It ain’t Canada, but the swims are warmer

If I was in your situation, I’d be at home and my kids would be in school. Given the cards we’ve been dealt, we are teaching them about the awareness of mangrove snapper to different sizes of fluorocarbon. The older ones are smart
    Right on....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

The little gal is with us too. Her teacher has been amazing, but we skip a little everyday. ECU, don’t mistake that for that gay thing gamecocks do. She fancies herself a surfer

You doing it the Right Way. Trust Me
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"