Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Single, 36 volt lithium trolling batteries!

I’ve heard some boat builders void warranties with them due to catching fire/explosion issues. No clue if true though

Quote Originally Posted by swampknob View Post
    I’ve heard some boat builders void warranties with them due to catching fire/explosion issues. No clue if true though
    It's at lithium battery. It will catch fire/explode if the case is cracked and the lithium is exposed to water, just like gas will ignite and explode if exposed to a spark. You can build safeguards for one, you can build safeguards for the other.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by ColumbiaCornbread View Post
    I sell those. Just ordered more yesterday. I have been very impressed with the batteries and the company.
    You must be dealing with Stormy. We have a couple of his 23aH batteries as well as two of his 10aH battery boxes. So far so good and they are light weight and charge quick.
    Last edited by Ring King; 09-16-2020 at 09:45 AM.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Dealing with Hill Topper. Its the mother company of Dakota out of Seattle Washington. I'm pretty sure their main focus is Ebikes.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    It's at lithium battery. It will catch fire/explode if the case is cracked and the lithium is exposed to water, just like gas will ignite and explode if exposed to a spark. You can build safeguards for one, you can build safeguards for the other.
    Just thought it was worth mentioning. I know little about them.

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    you outta work on a new gas motor first amigo..... less shotgun and pool purchases...
    🧐
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by swampknob View Post
    Just thought it was worth mentioning. I know little about them.
    Valid concern.
    Last edited by BigBrother; 09-16-2020 at 06:57 PM.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton