Thread: Range finder help...

Default Range finder help...

Looks like my 15 year old Bushnell Yardage Pro has finally bit the dust and seems like everybody makes a range finder now. What are some of the good ones to check out. Feel pretty sure Bushnell and Nikon are still top of the line, but there are so many different models IDK what to get. Figure Bushnell and Nikon's range finders are about like their scopes and bino's, some models are great, but you can get a better bang for your buck with another lesser known company. I don't need to range 1000 yards, zero to a couple hundred yards accurately is all i need.

Anybody got one they want to get rid of or give me some ideas on a good one without breaking the bank.

Ive got a vortex ranger 1300 and hadnt had a problem
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Picked up a cheapo simmons, its good within a yard or two
    Last edited by Frank1; 09-15-2020 at 07:35 AM.

I like ones with a red display. You can see it better under the tree canopy. I have the leupold 1600i. I don’t use all the features but I like that you can switch the reticle in it.

true, black readout is hard to read in low light conditions

Leupold pincaddie 2

Vortex Ranger. Wiz makes a good point about the red display. That's a must have.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Red display for certain. That said...if you are in need of good Binos and might ever be I where you are shooting long distance, the Sig rangefinding binoculars are freaking sweet...1/2 the price or less than of most others, but still pricey. Still might be worth a look if you think you are going to be buying a decent pair of binoculars anytime soon.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Thanks for the help guys. Found a Nikon Aculon on B&H photo at a good deal and decided to go with that. I was looking hard at the vortex finders though and will go with them if this one doesn’t work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk