Thread: Not good

Default Not good

This reminds me I have had a question to pose......

Do y'all suppose that all this stay at home BS has just driven the folks like those in Portland nuts or are they really thinking of a government overthrow? I can't get a grasp on this type of nuts.

Do they just want everything given to them? Have they missed out on capitalism? Did they not study history and the Declaration and the Constitution? Do they just not get it?

BLM is no longer about Black people in America. It is just an excuse for anything. I believe there are more white folk involved than black.

Well, back to tax returns....
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Is it spreading like crazy or something over there?

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie1976 View Post
    Is it spreading like crazy or something over there?
    from WSJ.com:

Israel on Friday is to become the first developed country to impose a second nationwide lockdown, as its government struggles to contain a fresh coronavirus outbreak that has hammered the economy and divided the nation.

The lockdown, which will last at least through early October, aims to prevent mass gatherings during the Jewish holidays that begin at sundown Friday. It will extend through Rosh Hashana, Yom Kippur and Sukkot—holidays that typically involve millions of Jewish worshipers attending synagogues and gathering for prayer services. If deemed effective, Israel will later move to localized lockdowns of coronavirus hot spots.

Israel has one of the worst rates of daily coronavirus infections per capita in the world, and officials warn hospitals risk being overwhelmed ahead of the coming flu season. Over the past 24 hours, Israel has had 2,715 new infections and has 38,008 active cases overall, according to the health ministry. There are 513 patients in serious condition, and 1,108 people have died.

“We want to curb the surge,” Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said after the cabinet voted to back the lockdown on Sunday. “We are not going to be able to be together with our extended families and some are going to see damage to their businesses.”

Some other countries such as the U.K. have reimposed strict limits on gatherings as the threat from the virus persists or worsens. But Israel’s total national shutdown is the strictest re-imposition of such measures.

The new shutdown has already drawn criticism from religious leaders who said the restrictions will prevent tens of thousands of people from attending services during the most important holidays of the year. The decision to impose a second lockdown is expected to be scrutinized by other countries dealing with a rise in cases of Covid-19, the illness caused by the new coronavirus.

Under the lockdown measures, people must stay within about one-third of a mile of their homes unless shopping for essential goods or seeking essential services. Those businesses considered essential, such as pharmacies and supermarkets, will remain open. Private businesses that don’t interact with the public will also be allowed to remain open, and so some people will continue commuting to work.Restaurants, hotels or gyms must close. Gatherings will be limited to as many as 10 people indoors and 20 people outdoors.

Mr. Netanyahu’s government also released guidelines that will limit holiday prayer services to small groups.

‘We managed to get reservations for the holidays, bought goods, food, equipment and are now facing a hopeless situation. We are in a catatonic state.’— Amir Hayek, president, Israeli Hotels Association
    Mr. Netanyahu said his government is looking to approve additional financial aid to help those affected. The coronavirus pandemic has spurred a steep recession in the country, with the Bank of Israel in late August estimating unemployment at 12%, after a peak at roughly 27% in May following two months of business closures because of the earlier outbreak. Israel’s finance ministry predicts the measures will cost the economy $1.9 billion.

The number of new cases has been rising steadily across Europe for more than six weeks, with Spain, France, Italy, Germany and the U.K. all reporting increases. The U.K. recently moved to impose new limits on social gatherings to try to curb the spread, while France decided to avoid similar measures even as daily cases surged past 10,000 a day.

“This type of spreading and expanding of the infection obligates us to take steps,” said Israel’s coronavirus czar, Ronni Gamzu, who spoke to Israelis on television from home quarantine. “Believe me, this is the lesser of two evils. We must understand we’re in a battle,” he said.

Mr. Netanyahu’s decision to close down the country again has divided his coalition and the nation.

Itzik Shmuli, the minister of labor and welfare and a lawmaker with the Labor Party, a member of Mr. Netanyahu’s coalition, said the closure wouldn’t be effective and doubted whether the public would support it.

“Taking aggressive steps in areas of high infection hasn’t been given a real chance yet,” Mr. Shmuli wrote in a tweet Sunday night.

Thousands of Israelis gathered in front of Mr. Netanyahu’s residence on Saturday evening, continuing weeks of protests against the premier and his handling of the coronavirus crisis, as well as the corruption allegations he faces. He denies wrongdoing and said Sunday that Israel has a lower mortality rate from the virus than many other countries.

Mr. Netanyahu initially had backed a proposal to target coronavirus hot spots, but shifted to a full nationwide lockdown after facing pushback from ultra-Orthodox mayors, who said their offices would refuse to comply with authorities. The ultra-Orthodox are an important source of political support for Mr. Netanyahu, particularly as his corruption trial is under way with witness testimony set to begin early next year.

Before Mr. Netanyahu announced his decision on Sunday, the housing minister and head of the ultra-Orthodox United Torah Judaism party, Yaakov Litzman, resigned from his post. He said he opposed the lockdown during the Jewish holidays and said it would bar worshipers from attending prayer services.

“This is a difficult decision that will significantly...reduce the number of people going to synagogues on Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur, especially tens of thousands of Jews from a variety of different populations for which this is the only prayer service they attend in synagogue all year,” wrote Mr. Litzman in his resignation letter.

After the announcement Sunday, Mr. Netanyahu flew to Washington for a ceremony to establish diplomatic relations with the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain.
    At least I'm housebroken.

Mental note- stock up on toilet paper tomorrow.

Cost me $19 for Charmin the other day so get ready...

JABII's first post is empty on my browser. I tried "reply with quote" and saw that it was an embedded tweet that I looked up. Anybody have an idea why the original post wouldn't show up? Using Chrome on a Windows 10 desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    JABII's first post is empty on my browser. I tried "reply with quote" and saw that it was an embedded tweet that I looked up. Anybody have an idea why the original post wouldn't show up? Using Chrome on a Windows 10 desktop.
    Oh, hell- it's already begun!!!!

:runforthehills:

it's cool, I'm still busy since the initial onslaught.. I don't need down time, "me time" anyways

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    This reminds me I have had a question to pose......

Do y'all suppose that all this stay at home BS has just driven the folks like those in Portland nuts or are they really thinking of a government overthrow? I can't get a grasp on this type of nuts.

Do they just want everything given to them? Have they missed out on capitalism? Did they not study history and the Declaration and the Constitution? Do they just not get it?

BLM is no longer about Black people in America. It is just an excuse for anything. I believe there are more white folk involved than black.

Well, back to tax returns....
    I think its a bunch of well-funded Soros draftees that learned how to agitate and incite violence and grow the snowball. They are going all-in to try to stop Trump, because they know damned well that he will continue to set their America destroying plans back decades or more if reelected They were one miserable, lazy, entitled white bitch away from having complete control and taking this country to the point of no return while partying it up with some hot teens on Epstein Island...but she couldn't help but be just enough of a lazy bitch to turn just enough people off to blow it.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!