Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Welding

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    DropEm, those welds are incredible. You will NEVER be unemployed with skills like that.
    Thank you!

How bout CAST IRON? Some these homeboy's say it can't be done? I call bullshit
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Yes, no formal training. Had some friends show me the basics. I can mig and have a small 140A machine, just got a 200A tig/stick machine that I’m playing with but need to practice a whole lot more with. I’ve built a couple things but still get a friend to weld heavy duty stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

I can but not like this guy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GENESIS 1 : 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

This is a nice tactful first round interview Steelin' is doing.

Grew up working with wood. In college I took a few welding classes. It was a lot of fun. Looking back I probably should have taken it more seriously.

Dropem as others have said, Very nice work sir.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Can make stuff stick together. Have a buddy that welds on the lines out west. Works 6mos. out of the year. I pay him in Natty or Miller Lites, depending on the level of difficulty, when he is home.
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 09-14-2020 at 08:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

I don't like to brag and didn't want to make DropEm jealous, but I can't help myself...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I don't like to brag and didn't want to make DropEm jealous, but I can't help myself...

Nice puddle, you got it going on.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I once saw a 20k capacity trailer hitch welded to a truck like JAB's

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    How bout CAST IRON? Some these homeboy's say it can't be done? I call bullshit
    Yes. Stick weld only with Cast 55 rods.

Preheat, weld, peen, post heat, then submerge is sand to slow cool overnight. Peening and heat is critical.

I'm self certified in plastic welding.

I weld and do electrical work...usually at the same time

Wish I knew, but grew up with one of the best aluminum welders in Chas so I can go see him for that. Another buddy welds too so beer goes a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Nice puddle, you got it going on.
    I have to admit that I pulled that off the web. Mine wouldn't look nearly that good...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater77 View Post
    I weld and do electrical work...usually at the same time
    Touché

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post

I’ll have to admit that is impressive! I’m not too sure if I could do that if i tried...

I took a class on it once.. years later I tried my hand on a touch up job on an aluminum brush guard on an old truck. I ended up cutting off the other side of it to match it up better.

I can weld but in no means am I welder. I grew up burning rods whenever my dad wasn’t around just for him to come home pissed off I was wasting material. Then welded in high school for a bit, I like many can make something stick and make it look a touch better more than JABs image. Got a good friend who welds for a living that will get any work i have that I can wait on.

Nickel on cast
    Last edited by sleytown; 09-14-2020 at 09:00 PM.