Thread: Toyota KDSS - Good or Bad Experience?

Default Toyota KDSS - Good or Bad Experience?

Starting to look at newer 4Runners and I have read various reviews about the KDSS hydraulic suspension. It controls the range of motion for both front and rear stabilizer bars based on actual road conditions.

Anyone with firsthand experience? Worth the cost? Run away quickly because of premature failure and maintenance costs?

Something else to break. Keep it simple.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

They are a Japanese company.

And I own four of them.. until those union Yankees can build reliable trucks again, I'll be in them

I've got a 99 4runner and a 2020, both I would not worry about reliability on.. then a 90 landcruiser and a 18 Tundra, Im in the swamp in one now

20200912_093214.jpg

But to answer your question about that hydraulic suspension I don't know anything... I used to care now I just want to mash the gas and it go.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 09-12-2020 at 09:03 AM. Reason: voice to text makes me look like an idiot

Wife has 2016 Trail with KDSS that we bought from a member here. She absolutely loves it. I think the KDSS model is much more enjoyable to drive and is easier for her to control. Not as much body roll.

That being said, I also have a 01' Tacoma, 06' Sequoia and looking for an old model (89-84) 4Runner to redo with my daughter. It may be that I just Toyota's.

Mike

Mike V.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 1/2" MAGUM View Post
    I think the KDSS model is much more enjoyable to drive and is easier for her to control. Not as much body roll.

That being said, I also have a 01' Tacoma, 06' Sequoia and looking for an old model (89-84) 4Runner to redo with my daughter. It may be that I just Toyota's.

Mike

Mike V.
    Less body roll is what I have been hearing and reading about as well. If you want a ‘95 project 4Runner, let me know. I bought one to redo but it is just sitting and in my way.

I'm driving my 3rd Tundra, 1st 2, I put over 250K on them. Was a Chevy Man, but No More.

To answer your question, just look through this thread. All the Ford Problems, Chevy Issues, Dodge issues, Diesel Issues, AFM/DOD Deletes, Def Sux, not one article with a real Toyota issue. Nothing but praise.

Heck, even the Vehicle Guru, who can drive anything he wants to drives a Tundra!

While they are a Japanese Co., more is made/assembled in USA than Chevy or Ford.

2013 Tacoma with 206K and it’s still as solid as the day it was bought. Great truck.

I have a lifted 200 series with the KDSS and it works, takes corners like a sedan and helps off road as well.

If you test drive both, you will buy the KDSS.

I was really leaning to one with the removable top, but send me some pics of the 95'.

Mike

My Toyota history. 1996 Tacoma extended cab V6 4x4, I put 335,000 miles on it with no major issues. Current work car is a 2004 Corolla with 360,000 miles put 700 miles a week on it, no major issues. 2007 Tacoma double cab V6, 4x4, with 6 speed manual 148,000 miles. No major issues. Plan on driving it for a good while. Next truck will probably be a Tundra but don't see that happening for quite a while.