Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 19 years ago

More fuel = more boost!!

“Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

I couldn't imagine receiving a message like that from my wife or any family member
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I had just left a meeting with a customer near Donaldson Center, headed to another appointment at Dayco MarkIV Automotive in Easley. Heard about the first plane hitting when I got in the car and remember trying to figure out just what was going on. Still thought it was some cazy accident until I heard about the 2nd plane hitting, just before arriving for my appointment in Easley. The purchasing manager and I sat there watching it on his computer, knowing it was really, really bad news. Probably the thing I remember the most it the obvious lack of air traffic on that drive home. My wife was teaching and my daughter was at our church daycare. I went and snagged our daughter and took her home with me.

For those that were alive that day, if it doesn't well up something inside you that creates feelings of retribution, revenge, fear, compassion, and national pride, I can't help you. There was NO doubt that we were under attack that day and nobody knew where the next hit was coming from.

I've since been to the memorials in NYC and in PA. They both will flat get to you.

Flight 93 Memorial in Stoystown, PA - the boulder at the end is the estimated point of impact. If you ever get the chance, go....

38911604_10212459197423126_8452818886356631552_n.jpg

38728883_10212459196783110_7216541090260713472_n.jpg
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Quote Originally Posted by SCDuckhunter1979 View Post
    I was in Greenville at The Spinx gas station at the corner of Washington and Laurens pumping fuel in my work truck. I watched the second plane hit the tower on the little monitor on the gas pump. I will never forget. GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    That's exactly where my dad says he was too.

I was stationed at Osan AB, S. Korea, my third duty station. I was going through Airman Leadership School and was up late writing a paper for class. There was a knock on my door, and we were told that curfew has been initiated and we were advised to stay in our dorms until further notice. It was still pretty early back here in the states, so we never really thought about what we would be waking up to in a couple of hours. Long of the short, we postured into DELTA, I finished school, came back CONUS and deployed for the next 6 years on a vicious cycle, that almost cost me my life, my marriage and my sanity.

This day, this is a day that has been forgotten by many. The lives lost are just names on a wall. Civilian, Police, Firemen, Military, etc, names, are just that to many anymore. We are in a sad state of affairs in this world, and we have forgotten about civility and human kindness. This day is one that I hold close. I will NEVER FORGET. Thank you all for doing the same.

5th grade at South Conway. Saw the custodian come pull my teacher out of the class and her come back in crying. Walked down to my moms classroom after school ended and saw the wood paneled tv they used to put up high in the corner show the footage of what happened.

Was running a rubber tire gantry crane at the Wando terminal in Mt pleasant at the time. Listened to it unfold on the Fm radio. Shortly after the second plane hit, the 18 wheelers just stopped coming, almost like we had closed. I had a great view of the sky and will never forget all the planes circling Charleston International airport. Apparently they would not let them land right away and all I could think about was their fuel levels and their ability to stay on that holding pattern much longer. Terrible day.