Thread: Another one bites the dust.....

Default Another one bites the dust.....

Haven’t been able to get much seat time in so far this season. Tonight I agreed to take my nephew since my Brother was taking my niece with him. Got in the stand about 630 and had to make a few adjustments and throw some netting on the stand real quick. Well out pops a doe as I’m putting the last zip tie on the netting. After a 10 minute stare down with us she moves along. Trying to make the best of it and spend time with my nephew without getting on him too much for moving and wanting to talk we sit for about another hour and out pops another deer about 100yds down the lane. I take it for a doe but as I watch it I’m thinking it’s a mighty big doe so I ease the scope up because my bag is inaccessible at this point with both of us in the stand. Well it’s a small 6pt. As I’m watching him in the scope facing me, another deer walks broadside into the scope and I decide this is it, we are taking this one. I whispered for him to hold his ears and boom. I hear the bullet connect and off runs the deer. We sit about 10 more mins and walk down to where he was standing and I can see him laid up about 40 yards from where I shot him. Not the biggest by any means but it was a good evening to be able to spend time with my nephew and get out of the house a bit. Next, it’s his turn to put one in the freezer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good stuff

I’m ready to shoot some deer this year
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

yes sir!

That's why we deer hunt good kill, he will be tasty.

Bayow! Congrats!

Nice load of burger!