Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BroadHelp Help

I have nothing to contribute to the argument but my slick tricks are still flying like darts.

But someone told me they are made in China now? Imma have to switch eventually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll check the package in a few on some I just bought and let you know if it says anything.

Back on paper tuning. Imo if you have to adjust much while walk back tuning then you probably got other issues going on like pushing the edge on spine or some other input out of whack. A bullet hole paper tuning rarely ends up there, never has for me.
    Last edited by Spur hunter; 09-11-2020 at 10:55 AM.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    I have nothing to contribute to the argument but my slick tricks are still flying like darts.

But someone told me they are made in China now? Imma have to switch eventually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slick trick was bought by TOG for their name. All mfg is now overseas. They are hot garbage. Great design, but very poor materials. You can dull the cheap 420 stainless just by looking at it. Will they kill a pine goat - yes. But there are faaaaaaar better heads out right now.

Payday - iron will wides
    Middle of the month - mangus black hornet.

Those 2 heads are made in America, fly amazing, and will do anything asked of them while holding a razor edge.

To the OP - your bow is bad out of whack if you can’t group a mechanical. YouTube a walk back tune. It’s pretty easy. An hour of your time and a set of Allen wrenches will make your problems go away.

Slick trick website states "made in usa". Blades seem as good now as they were 10 years ago but I ain't shooting 55 gallon steel drums with them.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by Frank1 View Post
    I'm sure all arrows flex but if that's an issue how does anyone shoot bullet holes over and over?
    The flex is not as noticeable as a true kick. Paper tune. If BH and FP do not hit the same mark use walk back tuning or begin with. Paper tune is easier for most shops. Imo, it is like bore sighting.

Slick Tricks had a couple bad years and corrected the problem. I still have a couple packs of the mags before the down turn.

Quote Originally Posted by turk View Post
    Taking it to hunters headquarters is your first mistake
    Yep!

I was thinking about getting into bow hunting but reconsidering after reading this thread.

look up the ranch fairy on the YouTube

E054D9BE-8D4C-40B3-8DCE-83107B092EC0.jpeg

he has good videos about arrow and broadhead set ups
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

He would fit right in on this thread. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    Start by throwing the Rages in the trash.
    But if a rage isn’t flying like a field tip than your bow is seriously out of tune.
    Gotta agree 100% with this. Rage is great out of a fast bow if you don't hit shoulder, because they cut huge holes and FLY TRUE. If it isn't flying where your field points are hitting, then you have different weight rage than the field points, or your bow is way out of tune. I've seen buds of mine shooting rages out of bows with horrible string stretch that have never been to a decent bow tech for tuning, and they still fly where their field points fly, so I'm thinking you might have been shooting a bent arrow if aluminum or FMJ or a different weight tip or maybe a different arrow spine or length inadvertently?
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!