Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nitto Ridge Graps vs BFG KO2 A/T

Default Nitto Ridge Graps vs BFG KO2 A/T

Whose had a set? I had BFG KO2s but never the ridge graps.

Pros?

Cons?

Discuss.

Had a set of ridge grapplers for a few months. Rode great, quiet on the road and did way better than the bfgs in mud. Only reason I took them off was to go back to trail grapplers. Put my ridge grapplers on my brother in laws truck last year and he still loves them.

Can't speak for the ridge grapplers, but nittos have outlasted the BFGs we have put on vehicles in our family. But it may come with the territory.

BFGs were always on a 1500 pickup that went through front suspension on a regular basis. Tires were an annual event.

Nittos on a cherokee. 2nd year of wear there and they have more to go. Cherokee driven by calmer child too.

There is a fella here that knows vehicles and posts with some regularity and I swear he has the same mud grapplers for several years. Plenty left on those tires.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

i have Ridge Graps now. 35/20's. Ride great. road noise non-existent until 5000 miles on them. a little noisy now but ride good. No visible wear at 8000 miles.
    Last edited by Meathook; 09-10-2020 at 03:55 PM.

I'm in the market for tires also. I'm looking hard at the Toyo open country AT 3 tire.

Go with toyo, thank me later. Last set of Toyo Open Country M/Ts I had lasted 70 thousand miles. The set before that were nitto trail grapplers that lasted a whopping 40 thousand miles and were loud as hell. Buddy has open country r/ts and he swears by them.

Nitto Ridge Grapplers are the way to go, I have 18000 miles on my 35/20s and they still look like new
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

I have BFG’s on my ‘99 Land Cruiser, the ride sucks and keeping them balanced is a PITA. Ridge Grapplers on my trucks have been great. Once the new one gets in, I’m putting 37-12.50’s on it and a set of Fuel Militias.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I just put a set of ridge grapplers on my truck. 28 miles and rolling fine.

I’ve had BFG KOs several times on several different vehicles the last 25 years. No complaints

That said, I’ve got Ridge Grapplers (34x11.5) on my truck now and love them

I think it’s a matter of personal preference. Both are fine tires. The tread on the Ridge Grapplers is more open/aggressive. The BFG’s run a little small in my experience

I am on my third set of nitto ridge grapplers and i have no intentions of going back to bfg ats.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

I played this game for years until I gave up and just buy the Toyos.

I had coopers discovery a/t’s on my last truck. They had trouble mounting them but they lasted forever. I have KO2’s on my truck now just because it came with them. I’ll go Toyos next
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Had trail grapplers and put 89,000 on them. Have Toyo RT’s and they have been great. 25k on them and still look like new. 06 F150
    Last edited by adamb61085; 09-10-2020 at 05:42 PM.

Nothing good to say about bfgs. The Nittos have been great

I haven’t even considered the Toyos.

Will check em out

What size are you looking for. I have a brand new set of Nittos that I'll sell for 200 each. Just put them on but want to go up a size for my trip out west next week.

They are 275 70 18. I'll even mount them for free at my shop in Lexington.

3 more votes for the Toyos. Got them on a new Ram and can’t tell much of a difference in the factory street tire ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

I need 35 1250 20s

I appreciate the offer.

I’ll be making the trip to see KRT