Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outdoor ceiling fans?

If you are close to Columbia check out Dan's Fan City Up on harbison. Dude new his stuff. Probably has it or can get it.

As for the light. The cheap basic led one from lowes has been running in front of my house going on 5 years now.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

I really like the full cutoff LED wallpacks or floods. These are the fixtures that basically shoot the light straight down. People dont realize how much light is projected out as well. Morris makes a good one that is adjustable and can be pointed straight down like a shoebox parking lot light or angled out like a flood and will light up your yard like a ballfield at night. Excellent for shooting deer at night. You can buy the 6$ lampholders at lowes and buy really bright LED flood lamps if you want to go the cheap route. You built a damn fortress. Get the big ass fan (10 or 12' ) and buy nice lighting because it needs it. If you dont you will wish you did. Just gouge somebody real good on the next couple of roofs and cover it.
    https://www.morrisproducts.com/pc_pr...28389DB9059EA2
    \"Go to Know\"

It appears you are getting close on the house. I haven't checked the build thread in a few weeks. This tip will possibly help with the fan, but also other finish items such as light fixtures, sinks, knobs, etc. Go to www.wayfair.com and check it out. I flip houses and have started buying lots of those items from them. Hell, I bought a bathtub for my current house I just moved into from there.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Quote Originally Posted by FBT View Post
    I really like the full cutoff LED wallpacks or floods. These are the fixtures that basically shoot the light straight down. People dont realize how much light is projected out as well. Morris makes a good one that is adjustable and can be pointed straight down like a shoebox parking lot light or angled out like a flood and will light up your yard like a ballfield at night. Excellent for shooting deer at night. You can buy the 6$ lampholders at lowes and buy really bright LED flood lamps if you want to go the cheap route. You built a damn fortress. Get the big ass fan (10 or 12' ) and buy nice lighting because it needs it. If you dont you will wish you did. Just gouge somebody real good on the next couple of roofs and cover it.
    https://www.morrisproducts.com/pc_pr...28389DB9059EA2

How bright are those lights in the link?
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

80w
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

"Big Ass Fans " are extremely overrated! I have bought several for work have not been impressed especially for what they cost.

Yeah I ain't got enough money left for a big ass fan. I'm paying for this thing out of pocket as I go
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

That must be why they are priced so high...….. All the trinkets that they send you with each fan. I will say that our operators, maintenance techs and vendors love those trinkets. They grab them the first day that I set them out on my trinket shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther11 View Post
    That must be why they are priced so high...….. All the trinkets that they send you with each fan. I will say that our operators, maintenance techs and vendors love those trinkets. They grab them the first day that I set them out on my trinket shelf.
    Haha... I'll admit that I don't own a Big Ass Fan at work or home, but they sent me the trinkets trying to get me to buy one when I inquired on their website about pricing. Now they just sit on desk.

Speaking of that, can you imagine how much money Uline could save and/or lower their prices if they didn't ship you 3 catalogs a week. Holey Moley...
    Last edited by Luvin' Labs; 09-10-2020 at 12:32 PM.

They do move air but it is still a slow moving 110 - 130 degree air. Nothing close to the 10 degree change that they claim.

Pretty sure this is the exact one I have in my main room. I would think it would work under your overhang since it's pretty much out of the elements.

Like I mentioned above, it pushes a good bit of air, and it looks good.

https://www.lampsplus.com/products/8...an__22m82.html

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    How bright are those lights in the link?
    I think they are the equivalent of a 250 watt metal halide. I know the 300 watt Morris LED is the equivalent of a 1000 watt metal halide. Pretty damn bright....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    \"Go to Know\"