Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dog Fighting and Bait Dogs

Big prayers up for you! It's a sickening feeling. My 11yo lab went missing back in January and I fear the same scenario. I contacted every shelter, vet office, animal control and state public works dept (handles roadside clean up) daily for months. We put out 1000 color flyers all over, and his post was shared over 1000 times on facebook. One thing I did learn is that most shelters, atleast in my area, are not equipped with scanners for microchips so I was advised to check back with them daily. But let me tell you, if I knew who had taken him...

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenFlip View Post
    One thing I did learn is that most shelters, atleast in my area, are not equipped with scanners for microchips
    Makes you wonder if those shelters are the slightest bit interested in returning animals to their rightful owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Beauregard View Post
    Makes you wonder if those shelters are the slightest bit interested in returning animals to their rightful owners.
    I can assure you in most cases they want to return lost pets. Almost every shelter I have encountered has a scanner. Some of the issue is that at least at one time there are multiple companies competing for this business and the scanners did not universally read all chips. I know work has been done to improve on this but if you are getting your dog chipped it is worth asking the vet clinic you are working with if they utilize universally recognized/accepted chips and scanners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine was gone for 18hrs other day. Asked dozens of people and nobody had seen him. 12am he is seen coming back on the porch, security camera. Guess in his old age he had one more run in him. He may return on his own.
    Low country redneck who moved north

I took Labhumpers advice and bought a Whistle 3 GPS locator for his collar. I get a text when mine wanders outside of the perimeter I set. I've jumped in the vehicle3 times and gotten him out of the next subdivision. I have wifi in my vehicle for faster updates. I have a collar with cell #s and he is microchipped,.....but the GPS is worth it's weight in gold.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 09-09-2020 at 01:51 PM.

Found out about the GPS collars shortly after my dog went missing. Definitely worth every penny once you've had one go missing before. Every dog I have from here on will have one on at all times.

Does this scum bag alleged dog thief have any kids? Might be good for a trade.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    Does this scum bag alleged dog thief have any kids? Might be good for a trade.
    Kids have no choice in who their parents are.

Appreciate the sentiment but kids and family are off fucking limits.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Not the sharpest tool in the shed, that one...

He’s not a rambler. He’s a Velcro dog. He will try and catch bears and pigs. I had to get the boat across the river muy pronto one frigid February night. He jumped the bear out of my yard, and never let up until he realized it was flooded, and he couldn’t climb as well as brother bear. Otherwise, he doesn’t let me out of his sight.

I let him and the 9 month old pup out to use the restroom at 10pm. Pup came back. He didn’t. He heard voices and investigated.

I will end up buying a gps collar soon.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

You would think that they would always take the collar off first thing. I have a friend who got his female lab back 8 years later (yes, I said 8 years later) and she still had the same collar on her the day she was stolen out of his yard...

I just put up a thread about GPS tracker for those who might be interested. Also, Catdaddy, if you have the Whistle 3 you may want to get the new GO version.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Sorry to hear about your dog missing. I hope you get him back home soon.

I have nothing helpful to add to this thread other than I am very sorry you are going through this and I am glued to this and hoping for good news soon.

Jesse

I'm in Florence. Born and raised here. If you want fill me in with any details you feel would help and I will be more than happy to help out in any way I can. I would love the opportunity to make a dog thief, and especially one that fights dogs, piss his pants. Anything I can do, just let me know. My phone is 843-992-0486.
    All Men are self made, but, only the successful ones admit it!

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

any other stupid questions?"......Classic!

CP#96743

Y’all need to spill the beans on who the cocksucker is! Put some pressure on the low life scum!
    12-26-98 12-1-13

Quote Originally Posted by DuckorBust View Post
    I'm in Florence. Born and raised here. If you want fill me in with any details you feel would help and I will be more than happy to help out in any way I can. I would love the opportunity to make a dog thief, and especially one that fights dogs, piss his pants. Anything I can do, just let me know. My phone is 843-992-0486.
    While I respect your feelings and feel the exact same, this would have been better in a private message.

Why is that????
    12-26-98 12-1-13

I'm sick for you and your family and have been praying for his safe return since I saw the news. It's hard but try not to think the worst, someone might have him and be taking care of him whether they stole him or not. I don't know that area where Thatch went missing but is it too remote to coordinate a group of folks to fan out and go door to door and shake things up?

Many on here know my chocolate lab went missing at high noon one day during the covid pandemic shutdown. I used FB within 3 hours of losing him and it was shared over 1600 times over the next 4-6 hours. Folks came from all over and searched what seemed to be a 5 mile radius. It was insane and if anyone was outside they were asked by 2 or 3 different folks if they'd seen a chocolate lab. I had a sick thought that my dog was going to be used as a bait dog due to a very sketchy truck that rolled in and out of our neighborhood at the same time my dog went missing. All those folks out looking for my dog and not one single tip that anyone had seen him. I knew someone picked him up and had him. The pressure was on and at 1:30 in the morning whoever had him dropped him off in front of our house. The dog was clean, dry like he just left the house.

What would it take to get a group together and canvass the area door to door? Or is it too remote?
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Sorry to hear this. Hope you get your dog and whoever is responsible
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid