Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog Fighting and Bait Dogs

Default Dog Fighting and Bait Dogs

Because time and again the quality and diversity of knowledge in this forum is well proven...

Is there anyone here that is schooled in the dog fighting culture, and if they know typically how long a dog will last from abduction to when he starts being a bait dog.

Thanks in advance...
    Last edited by BigBrother; 09-09-2020 at 08:44 AM.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I cant help you, but I am praying for you and your family. There are some real POS in this world, as you know.
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 09-09-2020 at 08:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

I'll be more than happy to shoot the lowlife bastards for you!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

makes me sick to think about. Prayers for your family. #bringthatchhome

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Because time and again the quality and diversity of knowledge in this forum is well proven...

Is there anyone here that is schooled in the dog fighting culture, and if they know typically how long a dog will last from abduction to when he starts being a bait dog.

Thanks in advance...
    I would say it varies depending on if they keep dog locally or trade it in their network to get the dog away from local location.

I assume you are asking this question because you have a missing dog? Hopefully he/she was not taken in that manner and will pop up soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    I would say it varies depending on if they keep dog locally or trade it in their network to get the dog away from local location.
    I have burned three tanks of fuel hanging posters over 4 counties and there's been countless shares on facebook. I am worried I have given it too much press. Offering a substantial reward for his return, no questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    I assume you are asking this question because you have a missing dog? Hopefully he/she was not taken in that manner and will pop up soon.
    Yes, Saturday 8/27. Everything points to it, including the guy that took him.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Hate to hear this. So you know who stole your dog?
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Sorry to hear this Justin
    Praying for the animal and his return,

99.9% positive.

Read about it on fb, terrible.
    I hope you get him back.

Mind sharing some details as to what makes you think it points to dog fighting? I would t mind knowing what signs to look for and maybe we could learn something to avoid something similiar in the future
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Mind sharing some details as to what makes you think it points to dog fighting? I would t mind knowing what signs to look for and maybe we could learn something to avoid something similiar in the future
    I don't mind at all, but will follow up with the details. Biggest thing was local knowledge of people, locations, and boots on the ground. Focus right now is getting him back, if he is still alive.

First, that sucks for your family and know I will be thinking about y'all.

Living at the "end of the road" as I have for most of the last 30 years, I have found quite a few of these dogs after they have been dumped. Usually they are the ones that know how to fight and hurt the dogs in training. So, keep that in mind as I figure yours can handle himself. Check out the animal collection centers furthest out, because they love to dump them at boat landings, state parks, farm roads, anywhere they think they won't be seen...

Dang Justin...You know who did it...Go put those big ass feet to work.

That's sickening. Hope you find him man. Was he stolen from your property?

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    First, that sucks for your family and know I will be thinking about y'all.

Living at the "end of the road" as I have for most of the last 30 years, I have found quite a few of these dogs after they have been dumped. Usually they are the ones that know how to fight and hurt the dogs in training. So, keep that in mind as I figure yours can handle himself. Check out the animal collection centers furthest out, because they love to dump them at boat landings, state parks, farm roads, anywhere they think they won't be seen...
    Thank you.

He's 10 years old with bad hips. Broke all of his canines chewing to get out of his crate. In his prime, I'd bet on him. He's been on the downward slide for a couple of years. Was going to retire him this season and had a couple of special hunts planned.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I have burned three tanks of fuel hanging posters over 4 counties and there's been countless shares on facebook. I am worried I have given it too much press. Offering a substantial reward for his return, no questions asked.

Yes, Saturday 8/27. Everything points to it, including the guy that took him.
    Sorry to hear you are dealing with this. Flyers are a very effective way to spread the word and many dogs have come home as a result. Place them right below stop signs at neighborhood entrances.

IF your dog was taken for fighting/baiting purposes this publicity and possibility of reward I believe would increase the likelihood of you recovering your dog. No one wants to keep a dog that everyone knows is missing and is worth money. The individual that potentially returns the dog may or may not be directly involved in the disappearance.

Make sure you also continuously check with local shelters and/or emergency vet hospitals.

Microchipped?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dog fighting: the sport of the dirty ass cracks of our society.

Yes, chipped, tattooed, and has very unique scars that make him very identifiable. I've hit all the neighborhoods, signage, storefronts with traffic boat landings, and had over 2,000 shares of the flyer on facespace. Printed over 200 colored flyers.

Trying to post a picture on here and I am having some technical difficulties.
    Last edited by BigBrother; 09-09-2020 at 09:42 AM.

When he disappeared thar was honestly my first thought as to what happened. Hope u find dog and the sob and make crab bait out of him
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Prayers for your dogs safe return and absolute hell on the son of a bitch that took him.