Thread: Hank Williams Jr. MNF song

Default Hank Williams Jr. MNF song

For the second time since 2011, ESPN is reportedly removing Hank Williams Jr. from its “Monday Night Football” intro.

This time, the network claims it’s not about Williams’ controversial points of view, according to Sports Business Journal.

Instead of Williams’ iconic “All My Rowdy Friends Are Here on Monday Night” that became the anthem for weekday football in 1989, ESPN will air a rendition of Little Richard’s “Rip It Up,” mashing the late artist’s vocals with instrumentation from Virginia-based band Butcher Brown, per the report.

Yawn.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Screw espn and the nfl.

X2
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

At least it's a black group cribbing from Little Richard this time. If I hear cultural appropriation one more time from a white, vegan, soy boy, beta cuck social commentator....

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    At least it's a black group cribbing from Little Richard this time. If I hear cultural appropriation one more time from a white, vegan, soy boy, beta cuck social commentator....
    Let me guess...

You'll go on the internet and bitch about it?
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

ESPN is freeing up millions of American men. Maybe soon, men in this country will start acting like men again.

I've tried to watch these CFB games they are showing, I just can't get into it. Screw the NFL, it's done.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    Exactly.