Thread: Wood Duck Hunting

Hunted monday morning with my dad and shot a drake and hen woodie and had a bunch of ducks flying mostly woodies with some teal too far to shoot and a few big ducks here and there but not really sure what they were. Dad went out by himself the next morning and got his limit on woodies and said there were a bunch flying. Hope they're still flying good tomorrow morning.

Gotta love hunting those woodies in the swamps of the lowcountry. Watching the sunrise and those quick little ducks darting through cypress trees.

Ya gotta love it.

It's fun...and it's all we got left.
    The worse the society, the more law there will be. In Hell there will be nothing but law, and due process will be meticulously observed. -Grant Gilmore

W D you're about right on both accounts and I do love it, if only I could shoot 10 instead of 2
    Well, I\'m not a gynecologist but I\'ll take a look.

Carolina Mallard,
    it's our saving grace. Just wish we still had a good production program to keep 'em flying. They kinda got ignored in favor of more profitable breeds.
    There comes a point in your life when you realize:
    Who matters,
    Who never did,
    Who won't anymore...
    And who always will.

I agree, if it weren't for our SC woodies i dont think we'd be gettin too many christmas cards from any gulf hunters any time soon.
    You can take a boy out of ole Dixieland, lord, but you\'ll never take ole Dixie from a boy

the woodies are awesome, yeah, but i wish we had some big ducks in. also i wish we got to kill 4 a day. geese, two ducks= food for about 1 person
    \"I don\'t wanna be nowhere where the city\'s all that grows.\"<br /><br />Rush

No matter how bad it gets you can always count on woodrow.

I haven't even been able to count on the woodies this year. Our beaver ponds that are usually loaded down with woods haven't been holding anything this year.

we have seen a lot of woodies flying every morning that we have gone. Even after hunting the same area many times and being hunted by other people the ducks still keep flying in. Plan on going tomorrow and hope they still will be flying as good as they have been