Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sounds nice

Default Sounds nice

While we are enjoying this nice weather break, don't forget our misguided cousins on the left coast. Buried deep in all the blah, blah, blah is the fact that they can't currently produce enough energy for homeowners to keep cool. "Temperatures during the holiday weekend are expected to reach triple digits, within the 105 to 112 degrees Fahrenheit range."

Rotating blackouts could be imminent due to extreme weather, high winds

PG&E also warns of shutoffs to prevent wildfires

Rotating blackouts could be imminent and more power shutoffs might be needed Tuesday and Wednesday due to extreme heat and high winds, energy officials warned.

The California Independent System Operator (ISO) declared a Stage 2 emergency order Saturday around 6 p.m., meaning that rotating blackouts throughout the state could be expected if people didn’t conserve energy from 3 to 9 p.m. The grid operator had previously issued a Flex Alert, asking customers to conserve energy from Saturday to Monday during a statewide heat wave in order to not overpower the grid system. The conservation of energy helps the power grid maintain reliability during the heat wave, according to ISO.

The ISO said the grid system is strained due to a loss of 1,600 megawatts of power — roughly equivalent to the amount electricity to power 1.2 million homes. The loss of power was from a combination of fires, high temperatures and load on the system. After 9 p.m., the ISO reported there were no blackouts.

PG&E also warned customers Saturday that a “Public Safety Power Shutoff,” might be needed Monday and Tuesday to help prevent wildfire danger. The warning is due to an offshore wind event expected late Monday night through Wednesday morning, the public utility announced Saturday afternoon. The conditions could require a power shutoff since high temperatures, extreme dryness and record-high winds throughout the state could cause sparks that can lead to major wildfires.

“We only use PSPS as a last resort when weather is so severe,” said Katie Allen, PG&E spokesperson on Saturday.

The shutoffs are used to reduce public safety risks in specific geographic areas when a combination of adverse weather and dry fuel conditions are present, she said.

The shutoffs are different than rolling blackouts, or rotating outages, as those are called by the state grid operator, ISO, when there is too much demand for energy statewide, and not enough resources to meet that demand, Allen said.

Since moving to Stage 2 Saturday night, ISO said it could no longer provide expected energy requirements, meaning blackouts could be imminent throughout the state.

Labor Day weekend temperatures are up 15 to 25 degrees above normal for the state during this time. The grid operator is expecting an increase in electricity demand, mostly from air conditioning use.

“Consumers should always be prepared for potential power outages, both planned and unplanned during heat waves, especially in high temperatures that last multiple days,” the ISO said in an advisory Saturday.

Several wildfires throughout the state are also a concern as the fires themselves can take out transmission lines or cause lines to be shut down for the safety of firefighters in the area.

Zones that are under a warning for the power shutoff Tuesday and Wednesday include the Bay Area, although PG&E did not specify which areas would be affected and to what extent. Customers affected would be notified 48 hours before the event via formal notification via text, email or phone calls, Allen said.

Hot and dry conditions are expected throughout the state, with a peak in the heat on Sunday, PG&E said. Temperatures during the holiday weekend are expected to reach triple digits, within the 105 to 112 degrees Fahrenheit range.

The offshore winds are expected around Monday, directly on the heels of the weekend heat wave, which could exacerbate fuel dryness to critical levels, according to PG&E.

How to check if your home will lose power during PG&E blackouts

The National Weather Service issued several fire weather watches across the state, which are likely to be upgraded to red flag warnings, according to the utility.

PG&E’s public safety power shutoff could occur as a result of several factors: including a red flag warning, low humidity, forecasted sustained winds above 25 mph and wind gusts in excess of 45 mph, and dry material.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/09/...her-high-wind/

But how they gonna fuel all them testlers and such?

Their wind mills and solar panels broke?

I be those micro reactors are sounding pretty good right about now.

But, but...

Wasn't PG&E found responsible for damages from one of the big wildfires recently? I seem to recall that the source was likely a customer's equipment but PG&E paid out billions anyway. Now they are cutting power any time the wind gets up... Couldn't be related.

Quote Originally Posted by Beauregard View Post
    Wasn't PG&E found responsible for damages from one of the big wildfires recently? I seem to recall that the source was likely a customer's equipment but PG&E paid out billions anyway. Now they are cutting power any time the wind gets up... Couldn't be related.
    Yyyyyup.

Someone needs to unplug Pelosi's refrigerator.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    [[/I]

I just LOL. 78 come on woke people. We spent over alot to upgrade the HVAC and stuff and it still want keep this old joint @78 in the heat of the summer.
    Something is wrong with your system!!! They’d be out there fixing this issue.

[[/I]

I just LOL. 78 come on woke people. We spent over alot to upgrade the HVAC and stuff and it still want keep this old joint @78 in the heat of the summer.
    You got some problems then. Maybe replace windows. I mean if it isnt keeping you below 78 it isn’t working.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    Someone needs to unplug Pelosi
    FIFY
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

When will liberals realize that for all the "good" they think that they are doing, they are screwing things up at a truly impressive rate...

A gender reveal sparked a wildfire in California that's grown to 7,000 acres
    Hollie Silverman
    By Hollie Silverman, CNN

Updated 7:17 AM ET, Mon September 7,2020

As multiple wildfires burn in California, one of the fires was started during a gender-reveal party, officials said.

A "smoke generating pyrotechnic device" used at the party caused the El Dorado Fire in San Bernardino County, Cal Fire said in a press release.
    The fire started Saturday at 10:23 a.m. at the El Dorado Ranch Park in Yucaipa and spread from the park north on to Yucaipa Ridge, according to the release.
    It has since grown to 7,050 acres as of early Monday morning, the Cal Fire incident website shows.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/07/us/ca...rnd/index.html

What the hell is a gender reveal party. Damn them people are truly fucked up on the left coast.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

What the hell is a gender reveal party. Damn them people are truly fucked up on the left coast.
    Haha, there’s probably 2 going on in your neighborhood right now.

I doubt it.
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Yeah this isn’t just a left coast or yankee thing
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Sadly you are right. Training kids to be "gay" or "transgendered" is a country wide epidemic now. All brought to you by the fine folks who said "They just want to marry each other. Nothing else."

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Sadly you are right. Training kids to be "gay" or "transgendered" is a country wide epidemic now. All brought to you by the fine folks who said "They just want to marry each other. Nothing else."
    It’s a far worse problem than the China virus.

I believe they are referring to a family gathering or party where you disclose/find out if you are having a boy or a girl prior to giving birth.
    The fireworks were likely either pink or blue and thats how they were going to find out but inadvertently burned up a bunch of stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess I just don't get out much in big city's anymore, Thank God.