Thread: Anyone have experience with these?

Default Anyone have experience with these?

Looking for experience with the plotmaster, land pride, RTP genesis, or the woods food plot planters?

Pros?

Cons?

Haven't run any of the above, but LP and Great Plains are one in the same.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Haven't run any of the above, but LP and Great Plains are one in the same.
    Any other suggestions? Those are just a few I have looked at.

What are you wanting out of a drill?
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

One to two pass planting with blends.

No till or min till

I will own a genesis one day...one day
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I run a GP 3P606NT. And it’s probably the best drill I’ve ever used. I no tilled jap millet with it this year with great success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Man, y'all have some deep pockets on this site. Y'all buy the stuff that I can only dream about. Right now the hype is obviously the Genesis for true no-till. A friend's neighbor has a Tar River no-till drill. He plants food plots for people on the side and says he likes it. It's considered more of a "light-duty" drill, but I think it's also priced accordingly.

As for seeders, the Firminator is supposed to be a good one. Their RT model has a tiller up front.

http://thefirminator.com/

There's a Woods PSS60 and a Bush Hog brand seeder on FB right now. The PSS is priced right, but since it's the PSS and not the FPS, it has the spiked wheels up front instead of discs. The Woods will plant up to three different seeds at two different depths.

I have a Tar River drill as well. It is a light duty drill but plants most seeds very well. I have the 6’ model. I planted sunflowers in a dove field as well as planted magic carpet in deer plots. About to plant fall plots with it. There is a place in Greer that sells the drills for a couple few thousand less than all other places.

I have been very pleased with it but I’m only planting about 15 acres twice a year.

I appreciate y’all help.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    I run a GP 3P606NT. And it’s probably the best drill I’ve ever used. I no tilled jap millet with it this year with great success.

This is what we have as well. I have been very happy with. You need a big tractor. It is heavy.

Have you looked at Kasco? Plants eveything and is priced reasonably.

After talking to a few people and doing a lot of research I have decided that I am gonna go with the Tar River SAYA505.

Going to start calling around this week and see where one is.
    Last edited by b-stick; 09-07-2020 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by b-stick View Post
    After talking to a few people and doing a lot of research I have decided that I am gonna go with the Tar River SAYA505.

Going to start calling around this week and see where one is.
    Check the Florence area on FB marketplace and CL. There's a few brand new ones on both. There's also a few good videos on youtube. may want to watch them.

We have a woods planter.
    https://www.woodsequipment.com/produ...ls.aspx?id=470.

We use it a lot! I chose it becasue the frame is bulkyer and it had less moving parts. It is not a true grain drill and it is not a true no till drill (even though according to the irs it is condiered no-till so we got a tax break).

We looked at a lot and this seemed to be the sturdyist. I am not knocking any of the others but this has worked very well to plant everything except corn.

Sorghum, chufa, clover, oats, wheat, rye, turnips, buckwheat, millet, fescue, burmuda, sunflowers.

We have planted that and even found out it plants native grasses and wildflowers. We did that for a client and the USDA said we are the only ones in the upstate that produced any results.