Thread: South Dakota

Default South Dakota

Sitting in a sweet little area of South Dakota right now and this place is slam loaded with birds already. Tons of geese, mallards, gadwall, and teal on every little pond as far as the eye can see!!! Hopefully it’s a good sign for the coming season!!! Sure wish it was open right now as I could have shot a limit this morning while fishing!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Awesome. When's the opener?

The number of mallards and gadwall here right now is stupid. Teal season came in Tuesday and can’t tell you how many mallards, wood ducks, and gadwall have been over the decoys the past few days. Sept 26th cant come soon enough!

The 26th is the opener. I’d have to guess that geese must be open though because there have been a few trucks riding around with layout blinds and full bodies in the bed.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Sometimes I wish I lived in that tillable rolling hilly area of se sodak

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Sometimes I wish I lived in that tillable rolling hilly area of se sodak
    I’m sitting due north of there and it looks exactly the same up here!!

What are you fishing for, RK? Some great smallmouth and walleye fishing that way.

We met Kristine Fisher (Midwestfishergal from Instagram/Youtube) and a couple other lady anglers up here to fish for smallies in a couple small lakes near Webster. I did manage a 24.5” walleye on an LV500.

Sounds like an awesome time! Got a buddy that’s from that area and has already told me to tag along with him and his dad in the spring for the walleye and smallmouth. The pictures he’s got of some walleye are incredible