Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Converting Deere 7000 planter to no-till?

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Looking at the Yetter coulter kit, spring kit and residue manager, it'd be $1450 for a two row planter. That may be my Christmas present.

Is there any shortcut to figuring out herbicides? So far, my education has been very piecemeal. I see some chemical mentioned on here and look it up. The company brochures aren't easy to read and figure out for my specific situation. The plethora of name brands for any particular chemical doesn't make it any easier. I'd like to find some consolidated info or even a structured course. Does the Clemson/state pesticide licensing course teach much useful info?
    Spend $40 and buy the NC State Pesticide manual. Very easy to ready and if it’s not in there, you probably don’t need to know it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    Spend $40 and buy the NC State Pesticide manual. Very easy to ready and if it’s not in there, you probably don’t need to know it.
    Done. Thanks.

I know this is an old thread but just stumbled upon it and made me think of a video I had seen on the subject.

What I gathered from the video was that you don't always need no-till coulters on your planter but instead have good row cleaners and have the planter opening blades do the work they are meant to do. Obviously you will still need to most likely add some down pressure springs to your row units if they don't have any.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

To piggy back off of this thread. Have any of y’all running a 7000 pull type ever looked into rigging up a pre-emerg spray on the planter? I am in the process of building a new to us 7000 pull type, will add fertilizer boxes and then I think fabricate a mount for the front of the tractor to mount a 200gal elliptical tank. So that I can spray, fertilize, and plant all at once. The intention on doing this is to take the most advantage of weather windows when I get them. This year I didn’t get fertilizer on most of my chufa due to rain. Would love to hear any other ideas from the brain trust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Yes. Took fertilizer box off and fabbed a tank. Got all parts from Williamsburg

The fertilizer attachments on mine didn't last. They are made out of monkey metal and no matter how well you clean them after use, they'll be frozen up when you pull it out next time. Even after they were freed up and "working", the drop tube would clog about every third of a row, even with very dry fertilizer.

I want a two row, spider wheel rolling cultivator with a fertilizer hopper to side dress after things are already out of the ground.