Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Open Fields

Quote Originally Posted by dubs View Post
    Interesting arguments for sure. I don't know the answer but does being a convicted baiter not give probable cause? Also, I don't know how else the green jeans would catch people baiting and such. How else would they gain probable cause without some level of surveillance?
    I think being a convicted baiter does constitute sufficient probable cause.

Lacking probable cause, I'm not comfortable with surveillance devices being left on private property.

if Having to get a FISA warrant, however fucked and abused that process is, is required for crimes against the country involving national security is required, there is no way in hell a game warden of all law enforcement should be able to come on your property without permission nor a warrant and post surveillance. IF they suspect you of baiting, do the damn job and catch baiter hunting over bait. Shouldn’t be that hard. I’ve never agreed with nor understood the power granted to wardens for game laws of all things. Pretty sure police need a warrant to come in your house when they already have evidence you’ve committed the crime. Why the difference for game laws. Bullshit.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

So, is the fact that you get caught and convicted of smoking weed once constitute probable cause to search you anytime they want to?

That is a stupid assumption either way.

Convicted, penalty paid, same constitutional rights apply.,
    Last edited by JJ1965; 09-04-2020 at 11:27 AM.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    So, is the fact that you get caught and convicted of smoking weed once constitute probable cause to search you anytime they want to?

That is a stupid assumption either way.

Convicted, penalty paid, same constitutional rights apply.,
    I hear you but not if you’re a felon. And I’m fine with you loosing those rights like gun ownership and voting. But no to no warrant surveillance based on past offenses. Hell the fucking CIA can’t even spy on citizens on US soil, supposedly and we’ve got Mr. Green jeans sneaking onto your property and hiding gamecams to try and catch you shooting a duck or dove??!!! I mean what the absolute fuck???!!! And how has no plaintiff attorney challenged this type shit? It wouldn’t and doesn’t fly with any other type SUSPECTED law violations, unless you’re sending or talking about jihadi shit on your phone or email. Then your ass is gone to Guantanamo. But I’m ok with that.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.