Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trail Cameras

Default Trail Cameras

I know this has been discussed a hundred times but here it goes again. What cameras are y'all using that actually last, both cellular and non-cellular. Four Brownings and five Covert cellulars have died within the last year.

I've had good luck with all Moultries, have some that are 4-5 years old all they way to less than a year old and Ive never had problems out of them. I dont run any cellulars simply because where I hunt has 0 cell service.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

I like the Covert cameras.

Spypoint force 20 is one of the best cameras I've ever owned. I think they are $99
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Question on the cellular cameras for those of y’all running them,

What’s your main reason for using them?

1) to set a camera once and forget it, not having to disturb the spot by goin in and checking it

2) Are you hunting spots just too far away to be able to easily/quickly check them
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Question on the cellular cameras for those of y’all running them,

What’s your main reason for using them?

1) to set a camera once and forget it, not having to disturb the spot by goin in and checking it

2) Are you hunting spots just too far away to be able to easily/quickly check them
    I just like to sit on my patio and grill and drink beer. When my cell phone goes off, I can walk around the corner and shoot. Don’t even sweat.

Just kidding on that....I bow hunt. But I do know people that sit in one stand and monitor another stand and they aren’t scared to jump down and run to another stand if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by redhead25 View Post
    Just kidding on that....I bow hunt. But I do know people that sit in one stand and monitor another stand and they aren’t scared to jump down and run to another stand if needed.
    Which is the reason a lot of states have or are looking at banning them.

I bought four of these earlier this summer and have been pleased with them. For the price they're hard to beat. Good trigger speed and pictures are decent enough to tell who's who and what's what.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Which is the reason a lot of states have or are looking at banning them.

I bought four of these earlier this summer and have been pleased with them. For the price they're hard to beat. Good trigger speed and pictures are decent enough to tell who's who and what's what.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Wanna talk about trigger speed you should see me with a lever action

I bought some stealthcams last year, 2 for $99. Bought the same deal again at TSC last week.
    One of them stayed out from September to March this year before I took it off the tree. I’ve been very pleased with them for the money

Just got 2 tacticam reveals and they are working perfectly $99/ea
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Quote Originally Posted by redhead25 View Post
    I just hire a bunch of Mexicans to sit in all my stands and kill my deer for me.

“Spartan Trail Cams- They kill the deer for you so you don’t have to be there.”
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Simmons, 21.99 if you buy 3 or more. So far so good, nothing fancy though. Rogers sporting goods.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Wanna talk about trigger speed you should see me with a lever action

I bought some stealthcams last year, 2 for $99. Bought the same deal again at TSC last week.
    One of them stayed out from September to March this year before I took it off the tree. I’ve been very pleased with them for the money
    Is you Lucas McCain?

Second on the tactacam reveal. I ordered 2 about 2 months ago and they have worked flawlessly. Ordered 3 more 2 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Is you Lucas McCain?
    E63F9B3A-B0D4-421A-BCE7-6FA1690D8443.jpg

Not the same caliber as his but I’ve got it set up as close as one can realistically get it
    And yes, I can spin-cock it
    Last edited by Duck cutter; 09-03-2020 at 11:07 AM.

I have one SPYPOINT cell cam I use...me and a friend corn and hunt 5 deer stands..all 5 have cams on them. If we get a good buck showing on one we move the cell cam to it and keep tabs on it...

i have 7 or 8 spypoint micros. pretty satisfied. other than an occasional firmware update you pretty much set and forget. $99 at academy. AA energizer lithium last like 8-9 months. depends on camera settings.

Just waiting on 2th’s played out answer of “customer service and online reviews” to pop up.

Where are you finding the Tactacams in stock?
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

I like the spypoint cellulars but the micros and cant see take make the firmware update.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid