Thread: Tablet for trail cam pictures

Default Tablet for trail cam pictures

I have been using my MacBook for several years to view pictures, but I have having to download the pictures to view them quickly. The quick look feature doesn’t allow you to scroll through them quickly. Also, in one of the newer updates I can only delete 200 photos at a time which just makes the process even longer. I’m to the point now if just buying a cheap Windows based laptop or tablet for viewing trail cam photos. Tablet portability would be great for checking it in the stand, but I occasionally have cards with 8000-10000 pictures and don’t know if one will support that. I would rather it be windows based for the fact that I can view the files first without having to download them. Does anyone have a tablet they love and use regularly for this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I use my iPhone in the field and my iPad at home. 8-10k pictures on one card is a lot more than I’m usually looking at though. Maybe if I pull all my cards at once after not doing it for a while

first off, I would set the camera differently. You always think you are going to miss something....and I reckon that is mathematically possible...but set it to take 2 or 3 quick pics and go to sleep for over a minute.

I stop putting cameras on corn piles as soon as I freaking can. I hate corn piles and cards with 8000 pics. Once I see the first scrape, that's where I put the camera. FAR less pics to go through....and those cell cameras will make you go crazy. i dont want or need a camera that you all drool over that "only" costs X amount per month to send pics to your phone. No thanks.

I use a card reader. Made by stealth cam. The nicer camera and card combo will allow that viewer to show you the small thumbnail. you can flip through 6 pics at a time without blowing them up to look closer. you can delete them all at once.

I have a friend that has a viewer and we have to sit there for 10min while it uploads all the pics to view. Once they are uploaded, you can flip through fairly quickly, but I've already left the building. Shockingly, I am not a very patient person....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I don’t have 8000 pictures at one feeder, I try to run 5-6 cameras across 12k acres and sometimes it’s several weeks before I can check them. Mine all take 2 pictures then pause for atleast a minute.