Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tundra Tires??

I had the General ATs like the old BFGs. They rode well, but put them on the boy's truck in exchange for Toyo MTs because they turned into ice skates in clay.

I'm in the exact same situation as TugTed312. I have a '11 Tundra with no lift or level and currently running 275/65/R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers. Looking to go to Ridge Grapplers this go-round and was wondering if I could go a little bigger.

For a couple, few hundred bucks and a trip to KRT's shop, you too can probably run 35s.

Hope you don't care too much about MPGs

I have the Bilstein adjustable struts on the front on mine to make it level. Ran a set of BFG KO2 for about 50,000 and could have run them more but with hunting season here I decided to put some more on. Went with a Falken AT3 I think it is. Put the 295/70R18 on it. I don't think there is any way it would fit on a truck that isn't leveled. I don't rub or at least haven't in the first 5000 miles but it's pretty dang close it looks like. I'm not sold on the Falken tires yet. I called several tire shops in my area and they all were pushing them. They felt kinda loose for the first 1000-1500 miles. Kinda like the sidewall was not as strong as it should have been. Since then either I don't notice it or the tires changed. I don't know if heat build up does that or what.

Ended up putting Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3 on my truck. Firestone had them & had to price match Costco which he said is selling tires for no profit, lol. I told him he didn't have to sell them to me, he did.

KRT put the 10 ply Toyo at3 on my f250 diesel- we got 2 years and 50k out of them on a construction work truck that will spin the tires with 13,000 lbs behind it. I was very satisfied.

Highstrung I’m surprised to see a UWS box on your truck. I figured being the connoisseur of fine things that you are, a CamLocker would be on your truck!

tundras.com is your guide. They have a whole section of tires, wheels, with or without lift combos. The most extensive listing on the net for all things tundra tire and wheel related.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

There's not a billfish on camlockers.. I had a uws on my first z71 like 20 some odd years ago and liked it. I'm a creature of habit.

Buy bilstine 5100 and set on second perch.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

You best be saving your money for gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Gas, grass, or ass.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tugted312 View Post
    Ended up putting Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3 on my truck. Firestone had them & had to price match Costco which he said is selling tires for no profit, lol. I told him he didn't have to sell them to me, he did.
    Should be fine for cruising the roads of Daniel Island subdivisions.......

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Gas, grass, or ass.
    Nobody rides for free.

Nobody rides for free.
    Haha
    More fuel = more boost!!

I’m curious what stock tires/front susp gas mileage is compared to slightly bigger tires with a leveling.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by britton40 View Post
    SC county roads...

20201103_220551.jpg

Can anyone comment on if you can fit a larger Toyo AT 3 tire on a 2018 Tundra than the OEM rating without leveling, lifting, or cutting? The OEM size on the door placquard P275/65R18...I'm looking for the largest size Toyo AT3 tire I can put on it before it gets leveled.
    At least I'm housebroken.

I put 35's on mine with a 3" leveling kit and got a fancy steel bumper. No rubbing.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton