Thread: 16' Batwing Finish Mower

Default 16' Batwing Finish Mower

Who makes the best, and don't tell me Landpride.
    Go.

We have a Woods Batwing Mower at work. Had it for over a decade. Cut 50 acres approx. on a weekly basis from April-September. It is starting to nickel and dime us now. From beginning, tires get holes/cuts if you look at them funny. Could use a tougher tire. Have had to replace bearings/pulleys on several occasions over the years. They aren’t cheap either. Overall have been happy with it.

I run a John Deere CX15 on the farm. I have absolutely no complaints. I’ve mowed clover patches with it, roads, fields, brood patches etc with it. Damn thing will cut some grass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

We run 20’ JD cutters and they’ve been nothing but trouble.

Ran Hardee and Woods in the past with less problems.

Just my experience.

Woods with airplane tires...Damn near indestructible unless you do stupid shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Strike View Post
    Woods with airplane tires...Damn near indestructible unless you do stupid shit.
    You mean you can’t use it as a bush hog?

Are you wanting reviews on a 16ft finishing mower or a 16 ft batwing mower. Their is a big difference between the two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finishing mower, not a bush hog.

Unless you foam fill airplane tires they’re not that much tougher. Cactus plants pierce em.

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    Finishing mower, not a bush hog.
    In that case a woods finish mower is where it’s at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Woods