Thread: Styx River Neo Mats

Default Styx River Neo Mats

Has anyone used these boat mats? I saw some really old post on a couple other forums that said they fade really bad, absorb a lot of water.

On the Gander Outdoors site (not a big fan of Gander) it states:
    The Neo Mat from Styx River is completely redesigned with a new neoprene blend foam that is completely waterproof, 50% lighter than the original version, more comfortable, resistant to cracks, and does a better job at reducing noise. The Neo Mat provides a layer of insulation against the cold in the winter and heat in summer. The camo-printed top surface layer has been injected with waterproofing ingredients, UV inhibitors, and an industrial coating that completely covers the top and bottom surfaces.

I'm looking to add some to just a couple of my flooring areas, rear gas can area, and in front of seats to keep from scratching and wearing off my new paint job on my fiberglass Gheenoe. Im in the process of finishing the pattern on the inside of the Gheenoe. I keep my Gheenoe under carport when at home.

This Company is North of Florence.

A buddy has them, at least the old style. Comfortable but fade and hold water. Why not hydro turf?

It really sucks. Will turn red if left out in the sun and is a spongue. It works great inside gun boxes or storage boxes etc or if u take it in and out of boat
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

If u take it in and out and dont leave it in sun it will be fine
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

Match to my boat pattern mainly
    Styx neo mat natural gear: 12"X56" =$20 matches better
    Hydroturf 45"x84"= $98 very tight and busy pattern
    My Gheenoe:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hydroturf on a different boat very tight and busy pattern

Styx neo mat natural gear: 12"X56" =$20 matches better.
    I couldn't find a good picture of it on a boat,

You are really overthinking this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive got a whole roll of nat gear neomat if u want a pic of what it looks like

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Reb View Post
    You are really overthinking this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He does that that with everything.

I've thought about going to Neomats now because the thin hydroturf I mistakenly bought hasn't held up as well. And I spilled gas on it, so 2 foot circles have been peeling up and tearing, but what is still stuck is stuck well. The edges and holes catch so much dirt that gets under it all. Neomats laid over the top of my hydroturf patchwork would hide the mess underneath but would maybe be removable for washing the boat out.

Has anyone actually used the relatively newly redesigned neomats? The ones 10 years ago were thick and held water very well, but the new version is supposed to be thinner. I may just have to be the guinea pig

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Ive got a whole roll of nat gear neomat if u want a pic of what it looks like
    yes that would work.

They're based in Florence, right off the intertstate by the Otis facility. They'd prolly sell you what you need right there. Call em.

https://www.facebook.com/styxriveroutdoors/

That said, my buddy has some on his bow and it too faded badly. Maybe they fixed the issue by now...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

See the pink stuff? That's their neo mat after about 10yrs.

Most likely your hydroturf is pulling up due to poor surface prep. When done correctly that stuff don't just peel up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 09-01-2020 at 11:27 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

They also have a new product called aqua mat. I got it for my new rig and really like the stuff. Just dont order the "fall brown" color and expect it to be brown. Not happy with the color at all but thats my own fault. The stuff is tough, doesnt absorb water and is very light. No camo patterns available in it, just solids.The fall brown that i got looks a lot like the interior of that gheenoe posted earlier. The aqua mats are a full 60" wide as well.
    \"Go to Know\"

It is explanined like this: Is your product coloring a radish or a carrot? Printed products like Styx River is printed onto canvas/nylon then applied to foam, so if you cut it it looks like a radish with its color only on the skin. Hydroturf is a carrot with its material and coloring going all the way through. So even if it does not fade, if it gets cuts or scrapes it will discolor. Here is a picture of my hydroturf after about six years and a tough life with a gator on it for comparison. MG

IMG_1545 4.JPG
    Dum Spiro Spero