Thread: Walkers Game Ears

Default Walkers Game Ears

Which would be the better choice, the ear muff style or the ear bud? Wanting to use them for duck hunting mainly. How are they while calling?

Ive tried the $13 surefire ones from amazon and they’re better than the foam plugs but still tone out your calling. And no I’m not looking to spend $1000+ on a top of the line pair. Thanks for any info

I’ve borrowed a pair of ear muff style before. They’re pretty awesome and you can certainly hear better. My biggest drawback was that when you try and rest your head on the gun to shoot they get in the way. Basically the same problem when wearing regular ear protection while shooting a round of clays. Other than that To me there is no drawback

What about these?

https://buyaxil.com/?utm_source=face...jIwzSVDh5e22UA

I have some noise cancelling muffs that I paid $40 off amazon and have been pleased with the performance but they are hot and they mess up my check weld.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Walker sells a pair that’s identical to those for the same price.

I have used Walkers Game Ears (earmuff style) for everything but duck hunting....was not able to hear myself when blowing a call

Just saw this article in DU online.......may solve problem I had.......sure pricy though

https://www.ducks.org/hunting/waterf...ing-protection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a pair of Magnum Ear electronic plugs I bought probably ten years ago. I paid around $1000. I should have bought them sooner.

I have the walker ear buds. I wear them all the time in duck blinds and dove fields. I like them.

Should have updated earlier. Bought the walker alpha 360. 4 mics on it so it was supposed to be better for directional sound. Got them maybe a week ago and used them on a couple teal hunts and really liking them more than I thought I would. Impressed for $50

Not gonna lie, I've been back and forth on this "hearing protection while duck hunting" thing for a while. I got the cheap Walkers in ears and they're ok, just ok, not great. I have 2 pairs of the electronic muffs, and they're the best but of course bulky. They over-ears are primarily used by my kids and myself from time to time. But I prefer to use in-ears when possible. Have looked at the $1000 custom ones, and while I would still like a pair, just can't stand to drop that coin quite yet. Especially since I've learned that my Samsung earbuds I run and work out with work well with the ambient sound cut on. That way I can hear what's going on around me. It's not crystal clear, but it's just enough. Plus the Samsung ear buds are about the best fitting option compared to like a Walkers option. Samsung buds kill the noise of the gun shot just fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

What?
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Update: I bought these....

They damned awesome.

Those come up on Camofire often

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I have bone conduction headphones for working out and know they work great. They are great for running as it’s great sound but you can hear everything around you. On the lawnmower put in regular bear plugs and they still provide a great clear sound. These new bone conduction hearing enhancements Might be the ticket. Would allow you to hear very well all while have in standard ear plugs.

https://www.walkersgameear.com/neck-bands/