Thread: Winter is Coming...

Default Winter is Coming...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/farmers-a...ain-west-coast

Winter is coming, apparently with a vengeance.

The Farmers’ Almanac recently released its extended forecast for the 2020-2021 season, which shows this upcoming winter could be brutally cold and snowy for much of the country.

“Based on our time-tested weather formula, the forecast for the upcoming winter looks a lot different from last year, quite divided with some very intense cold snaps and snowfall,” editor Peter Geiger said in a statement.

AMERICA'S TOP 5 SNOWIEST CITIES

According to the forecast, those who live in the northern half of the country should get ready for extended bouts of cold.

The Farmers’ Almanac recently released its extended forecast for the 2020-2021 season, which shows this upcoming winter could be brutally cold and snowy for much of the country.
    The Farmers’ Almanac recently released its extended forecast for the 2020-2021 season, which shows this upcoming winter could be brutally cold and snowy for much of the country. (REUTERS/Lindsay DeDario)

Long-range forecasts from the periodical are calling for normal to below-normal temperatures in areas from the Great Lakes and Midwest stretching westward over the Northern and Central Plains and into the Rockies.

Areas around the Great Lakes are also expected to see a "fair share of snow," but above-normal snowfall is also expected farther west from the western Dakotas into northern portions of Colorado and Utah, as well as Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, and central and eastern sections of Washington and Oregon.

While the Northeast saw barely any snow last winter, the Farmers' Almanac is predicting something "very different" for this upcoming season.

The Farmers’ Almanac says in its winter outlook that the big cities in the Northeast could see a blizzard during the second week of February.
    The Farmers’ Almanac says in its winter outlook that the big cities in the Northeast could see a blizzard during the second week of February. (REUTERS)

The big cities in the Northeast, as well as parts of the Mid-Atlantic, may see a blizzard during the second week of February, with 1 to 2 feet of snow in places from Washington, D.C. to Boston. Another big snowstorm may also target the East Coast during the final week of March, with "significant" late-season snowfall.

AMERICA'S TOP 5 COLDEST STATES

The forecast outlook also calls for a "significant snowfall" at the start of February for eastern Ohio and Kentucky, while the Southern Plains are also expected to see plenty of wintry precipitation during the same month.

While northern and eastern parts of the country deal with the cold and snow, the Desert Southwest is expected to have a dry and mild winter, which could worsen drought conditions.

What is a snow squall?
    What is a snow squall?
    Coastal areas along the West Coast could see a rainy and wet winter ahead, but areas in between have been dubbed by the periodical as the "crazy in-between," with periods of tranquil and stormy weather.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE WEATHER COVERAGE FROM FOX NEWS

Some of the regions that could see the stormiest weather stretch from the Tennessee and lower Ohio River valleys up through New England, where storms could line up and bring wintry mix throughout the season.

The Farmers’ Almanac says it bases its long-range forecast "on a mathematical and astronomical formula developed in 1818."

The East Coast may also be targeted with a snowstorm at the end of March, according to the Farmers’ Almanac.
    The East Coast may also be targeted with a snowstorm at the end of March, according to the Farmers’ Almanac. (REUTERS/Stephanie Keith)

It's not to be confused with the rival Old Farmer's Almanac, billed as the oldest periodical in North America, which also issues seasonal weather forecasts.

If you're looking for a milder winter ahead, Old Farmer's Almanac is calling for "light winter" for most of the U.S., with warmer-than-normal temperatures for a large part of the country.

"Uncommonly chilly temperatures will be limited mostly to the western states and northeastern New England," the publication notes.

Outstanding! Maybe a majority of the waterfowl will actually migrate this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scattergun View Post
    Outstanding! Maybe a majority of the waterfowl will actually migrate this winter.
    Don't hold your breath
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

A fella can hope, can't he?

Apparently there’s a blizzard in February.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Translation please DC?

It's gonna snow...

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    Translation please DC?
    The center of a persimmon seed still looks the same as the ones last year.
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 08-30-2020 at 10:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Translation please DC?
    Spoons or forks? I see spoons

Personally, I am waiting to hear from the blackbirds before I start making any plans...

Translation please DC?
    Cut open the center of a persimmon and you’ll see one of thee shapes

Knife- cold winter, cutting winds
    Spoon- represents a shovel, like you’ll be shoveling snow
    Fork- mild winter
    Last edited by Duck cutter; 08-30-2020 at 10:59 AM.

Knives and spoons

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHeadRocker View Post
    Spoons or forks? I see spoons
    I see spoons as well

With my limited experience, our birds leave when it’s cold here. My best hunts are in the 60s- 70s. However I’m not hunting mallards either. I prefer mild weather. Cloudy, windy, misty, mild weather!
    867-5309

I’d be happy if it never got above 70.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    All them knives and you carry a box cutter?

F that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    All them knives and you carry a box cutter?
    I carry both when on my job, that box cutter folds up so small and light I can hardly tell it’s in my pocket. And when I have to cut something like Sheetrock or a shingle it’s pretty handy.

Weekends or when I’m just hunting/fishing I just carry a regular pocketknife
    Last edited by Duck cutter; 08-30-2020 at 11:49 AM.