Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: VXR?

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post

Still waiting on the stabilizer to get here but I got the 20 yard pin dialed in last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You gonna add weight as a saddle hunter? Just curious. I stopped using one years ago for hunting. I was curious what most of them are using.

This is kind like Jesus saying aim low.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i hate ewe
    my eye is already twitching and I hated to comment.

I still dont like the idea of arbitrarily aiming "low" on a deer. That doesnt feel right to my sensibilities.

Damn you for making me respond.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

This tip is about.....shooting....at deer that jump.......the string. You will need.....to......aim low......

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    The traverse will be 3 models old by the time you are looking to buy. Fantastic bow, just make sure it is priced accordingly. The tactic is their entry level model. Good bow, just “isn’t” what the flagships are. Isn’t as fast, isn’t as dead in the hand, isn’t as smooth, etc. Good bow for the price point - but I think a year or 2 old flagship is the better buy dollar for dollar. Mathews releases their new bows in November. I look for them to add a 33” ata with switchweight cams to the lineup and drop the traverse. It’ll be fun to see what they do to try to improve upon from the VXR. Other than Mathews using garbage strings, the VXR is pretty special.
    Thanks for this. Watched some youtube comparison video. Looks like the VXR is the best of all. Leds post probably gonna cost me some $ after the season.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by Spur hunter View Post
    Thanks for this. Watched some youtube comparison video. Looks like the VXR is the best of all. Leds post probably gonna cost me some $ after the season.
    Every Mathews from the halon til now is going to be similar. They all have CC cams, which have been wildly popular. I wouldn’t say there is a “best” although they get marginally better each model year. The biggest make/break in this line of Mathews is the grip. My hand is too wide for the grip on the halon, but the vertix and VXR grip (engage grip) is the cats ass.

As always - shoot em all and go with what you like.

Stay off the YouTube’s for bow reviews. They all have an angle and bows boil down to so much personal preference there is no way an online review can capture that. Shoot em.

I have a lot
    More shooting to do before I can give it a review but the bow is a shooter. It feels ten years newer. From the draw cycle to the dead in hand of the shot. It’s pretty impressive and I was one of the Z7s biggest fans.

Just picked up a new VXR off eBay on a bid that I didn't expect to win. Been shooting a 2009 Diamond that will become a backup. I have not shopped bow sight since 2009. Any recommendations what to put on this?

Someone told me to get the garmin sight... I dont like relying on batteries with a weapon so thats out.
    Last edited by Coastal12; 09-15-2020 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal12 View Post
    Just picked up a new VXR off eBay on a bid that I didn't expect to win. Been shooting a 2009 Diamond that will become a backup. I have not shopped bow sites since 2009. Any recommendations what to put on this?

Someone told me to get the garmin site... I dont like relying on batteries with a weapon so thats out.
    Go over that bow with a fine tooth comb when you get it, if there are any discrepancies send it back. You have zero warranty on a 2nd hand bow. Run your fingers on the limbs to make sure there is no splintering. Look at the cams for dents. The works. They are fantastic bows, but good lord there is a lot to break on a dry fire with a string harness system.

Hha single pin sight - I like the ones with the yardage wheel out front. Hamskea trinity rest. Wicked stick stabilizer. Tight spot quiver. Axis arrahs. Iron will broadheads.

That’s what I run.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    Go over that bow with a fine tooth comb when you get it, if there are any discrepancies send it back. You have zero warranty on a 2nd hand bow. Run your fingers on the limbs to make sure there is no splintering. Look at the cams for dents. The works. They are fantastic bows, but good lord there is a lot to break on a dry fire with a string harness system.

Hha single pin sight - I like the ones with the yardage wheel out front. Hamskea trinity rest. Wicked stick stabilizer. Tight spot quiver. Axis arrahs. Iron will broadheads.

That’s what I run.

Yep that was my concern at first, but it it came from a bow shop in IL. Talked to the guy on the phone before he shipped so he could get my draw length. Said no issues with it and would take it back if I did not like it. Just no original box and papers.

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll check those out.

Do you want fixed or a slider?

My only complaint with the bow is it's a little too heavy. I know I am picky when it comes to the balance of my rig. I'll be swapping my sword sight for something different after season. It's on the heavier side compared to some others.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

I'm running a MBG Ascent Verdict single pin and it's been bulletproof
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Cheap Truglo. Rogers sporting good has a 6 pin for 6.99 now. Remove 5 of them and hit the woods.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by StrutnBPS View Post
    I’ve watched a ton of reviews on it from people that have been around for a while and talked to friends that have shot it side by side with others and all have pretty much the same to say. Other than being the most shock free bow they’ve ever shot, it’s no big deal. Most reviews put the BowTech revolt being the best drawing bow this year.
    Sounds Like something a Bowtech shooter would say, Nothing Bowtech makes holds a candle to the VXR.

Bow tech shooters are like the abused girlfriend. They stay loyal even through the “blowups”

Black eyes or stitches be damned

Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.